PT Package Handler & Earn and Learn Program

Hi all,

I am considering a UPS Part-time Package Handling position at an Earn and Learn hub (Indianapolis). I am wondering if anyone could give me some answers to the following questions concerning UPS benefits:

1. Does the UPS tuition allowance (of $1500 per semester) apply to graduate school?

2. Does the $2000 yearly student loan opportunity apply to graduate school?

3. How soon, after being hired, can I expect either the tuition or student loan benefit to go into effect?

The reason I ask such questions is because I am attending graduate school and I hope that the Earn and Learn benefits can help me to meet some graduate school financial deadlines which are coming up VERY soon.

I would greatly appreciate (reliable) answers to the above questions. Thanks!!

cino321

Hi all,

I am considering a UPS Part-time Package Handling position at an Earn and Learn hub (Indianapolis). I am wondering if anyone could give me some answers to the following questions concerning UPS benefits:

1. Does the UPS tuition allowance (of $1500 per semester) apply to graduate school?

2. Does the $2000 yearly student loan opportunity apply to graduate school?

3. How soon, after being hired, can I expect either the tuition or student loan benefit to go into effect?

The reason I ask such questions is because I am attending graduate school and I hope that the Earn and Learn benefits can help me to meet some graduate school financial deadlines which are coming up VERY soon.

I would greatly appreciate (reliable) answers to the above questions. Thanks!!

The earn & learn is a reimbursement program. In other words, you front the money, they'll reimburse you if you pass, and you need to prove it to them. Trust me, been there.

Hey, all,

I am wondering if there is anyone who can help me answer completely all of my three questions from my initial post. I need help asap! Thanks!

IndyMan2008

Hey, magoo,

Thanks for replying. My Ph.D. major is theology. I have taken all the graduate courses I need and I have passed all the language exams and my comprehensive exams. Now I am trying to write my dissertation, but I am having a very difficult time paying the (high) continuing tuition to finish my program. So I am hoping for a part-time job with education benefits. UPS seems like a good choice, but I'm not sure.

supercool

I heard you need to be a PT Supe to get it. At least in my hub
Not at my hub... the Earn and Learn is for all PT employees at select hubs (what criteria they use for selection, I don't know)

$3k a year isn't that much anymore as far as tuition is concerned. When I went to community college it covered almost all of it (save a couple hundred bucks), but now that I'm at a four-year school it covers less than half. Oh well. All the help I can get is appreciated.

ANYWAY, to answer your question, yes, the tuition reimbursement does cover Masters/PhD programs (I just checked the application website and both are an option for which type of degree you're pursuing).

magoo57

Indyman, a degree in theology?? in hoc signes vinces, et al?
YOU MAY WANNA RETHINK THIS. MANY A PERSON HAS LOST THEIR RELIGION AT THIS JOB. LOL

magoo,

Yes, the profession has its risks. Some theologians do lose their faith, as some doctors lose their sense of good personal health and some lawyers become corrupt breakers of the law. But I'd rather keep my reason along with my faith (and hopefully my faith with my reason). :wink2:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Better double-check all comments about graduate school being covered. I wanted the help when I worked for UPS. I was denied. This was a year ago... -Rocky