PT package handler questions

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So, I should lose the job that pays the bills for the part time job that pays nothing, for an extra $30 a day for one month? Get the friend outta here.. You're speaking like a sup.. Ohhh wait... :/ :censored2:..
No I'm speaking like someone who doesn't think someone being a smart ass is cute.

You'll never learn, but youll realize one day we were all right.

AutoZone

BrownPower
You do whatever you want...I could care less, it doesn't affect me.

But a word of caution....eventually you will come across a manager who will not tolerate people showing up on their own schedules....and you will be disciplined accordingly.
My schedule is 5-10.. That's the twi hours I was hired for. No where, does it say hours may differ... Yes it's common knowledge that peak is busy, but no one will adjust their entire lives and lose their jobs to work a couple more pt hours for 1 month.. Then back to normal and then you have to pray you can find a decent job again after... Lol that's just ludicrous...

browner89

My schedule is 5-10.. That's the twi hours I was hired for. No where, does it say hours may differ... Yes it's common knowledge that peak is busy, but no one will adjust their entire lives and lose their jobs to work a couple more pt hours for 1 month.. Then back to normal and then you have to pray you can find a decent job again after... Lol that's just ludicrous...

I don't think 5-10 is in any contract, it's just a line they throw out to new hires and you want the job so you say "those hours work for me!", you are given a start time and work until you're permitted to leave.

Where does it say the hours can't differ?

Notcool

If your in decent shape the job is not that hard. Moving, stacking boxes. The problem is workload. This time of the year no matter how fast you load you will be backed out and that will stress you out if you let it. It doesn't pay much but it's better than nothing if your not working. Plus I'd rather say I work at UPS than fastfood. But I don't bash anyone's employment. Work is work. I start at 3pm probably get off at 9 or 10 pm. Over time will be in the upper 20's for me :)

AutoZone

BrownPower
I don't think 5-10 is in any contract, it's just a line they throw out to new hires and you want the job so you say "those hours work for me!", you are given a start time and work until you're permitted to leave.

Where does it say the hours can't differ?
Wrong.. When you apply, it clearly states, 'must be available between 5pm-10pm.. Even tho normal hours are about 530-930.. The extra hour there (30 minutes before and after) is meant for peak time to adjust for those hours. Starting at 1 or 2 pm is not part of the obligated hours as stated when hired.. Again, if UPS would like to hire me permanent full time, I'll quit the day job.. Until then, pt is pt, and they get the pt from me. :)

T

Turdferguson

Wrong.. When you apply, it clearly states, 'must be available between 5pm-10pm.. Even tho normal hours are about 530-930.. The extra hour there (30 minutes before and after) is meant for peak time to adjust for those hours. Starting at 1 or 2 pm is not part of the obligated hours as stated when hired.. Again, if UPS would like to hire me permanent full time, I'll quit the day job.. Until then, pt is pt, and they get the pt from me. :)
Your peak sort times only run an hour longer than during the rest of the year?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It doesn't matter what HR told you when you were hired.....have you read your local supplement regarding start times?

and as I recall....you are a recently rehired NEW HIRE. Are you willing to risk getting fired from the job that you loved so much that you went back and started from scratch pay-wise?? I suggest you talk to your steward. Employees do not get to decide when they want to show up....you are talking out of your rectum.

Last edited:

AutoZone

BrownPower
Well, preload says 4am-9am. I'll just show up tomorrow at 4am...my boss will be cool with that....lol
If you have another job that you work till 3am... And that's the one that pays bills, you'd quit that for a couple extra hours a week for 4 weeks? Lol talk like a realist instead of a slave..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
If you have another job that you work till 3am... And that's the one that pays bills, you'd quit that for a couple extra hours a week for 4 weeks? Lol talk like a realist instead of a slave..
I take a Leave of Absence from my other job during peak and work FT hours 6 days a week at ups instead. Then again....I don't make $10/hr at ups either...lol

Enjoy being fired.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Showing up to work on time isn't slavery....it's called a work ethic. And you claim this is your 5th peak. So, the other 4 years, you were never expected to come in earlier than 5pm? I smell :bsbullf:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Hey, Jake.

Don't let the door hit ya'………..

AutoZone

BrownPower
Showed up at 520.. Sup didn't bat an eye.. Worked my shift and he said same time tomorrow.. I said yes sir. Very simple. You guys must be dicks if your sups hated you that much to force firing you guys. Lol

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Showed up at 520.. Sup didn't bat an eye.. Worked my shift and he said same time tomorrow.. I said yes sir. Very simple. You guys must be dicks if your sups hated you that much to force firing you guys. Lol
Worked here 10 years....never been so much as written up once. Enjoy your $10/hr...lol