PT package handler questions

AutoZone

BrownPower
Tell us the part again about quitting UPS and starting over making peanuts an hour and no benefits? :rofl:
What happened? Run out of insults? Nothing to say now? Come on! This was getting fun. How's your $300 a week paycheck working for you?? I bet you're bleeding something right now.. But it ain't brown..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
What happened? Run out of insults? Nothing to say now? Come on! This was getting fun. How's your $300 a week paycheck working for you?? I bet you're bleeding something right now.. But it ain't brown..
I'm sorry...what?? 300 a week ??? Lol I broke over a grand in my ups check last week between triple time on Black Friday and all the OT. I've worked here 10 years...I don't make 11/hr. And I have a second job as well. You quit ups for an 80k a year job....Well don't leave us hanging ...what happened, you get fired?

AutoZone

BrownPower
I'm sorry...what?? 300 a week ??? Lol I broke over a grand in my ups check last week between triple time on Black Friday and all the OT. I've worked here 10 years...I don't make 11/hr. And I have a second job as well. You quit ups for an 80k a year job....Well don't leave us hanging ...what happened, you get fired?
So you break $1000 3-4 weeks out of an entire year.. So my guesstimate was correct.. A little more then $300 a week the other 48 weeks of the year.. Ok, so 10 years, you're probably making 17 an hour.. x 20 hours give or take.. = 340 per week.. You can make more flipping burgers! I make that a day... No, I still work my 80k+ job.. I was relocated near the hub.. I'm out by 4:30.. Why not get back into UPS and get those benefits back.. I think that's one thing we can all agree on, they're the best! And I prefer a union job to the dealership life where you can be let go over nothing. I'm sure there's guys that would do my job for 50k. To a dealership were all expendable and its all about the bottom line.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So you break $1000 3-4 weeks out of an entire year.. So my guesstimate was correct.. A little more then $300 a week the other 48 weeks of the year.. Ok, so 10 years, you're probably making 17 an hour.. x 20 hours give or take.. = 340 per week.. You can make more flipping burgers! I make that a day... No, I still work my 80k+ job.. I was relocated near the hub.. I'm out by 4:30.. Why not get back into UPS and get those benefits back.. I think that's one thing we can all agree on, they're the best! And I prefer a union job to the dealership life where you can be let go over nothing. I'm sure there's guys that would do my job for 50k. To a dealership were all expendable and its all about the bottom line.
Yea....I make more than 17 an hour.....and I hear my benefits. And you make 80k a year and you just decided....I'm gonna go back to my old second job for 10 bucks an hour humping cardboard...for the hell of it?? Lmao yea...riiiight. :bsbullf: I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking to someone just making crap up...have a sparkling day and enjoy peak!

AutoZone

BrownPower
Yea....I make more than 17 an hour.....and I hear my benefits. And you make 80k a year and you just decided....I'm gonna go back to my old second job for 10 bucks an hour humping cardboard...for the hell of it?? Lmao yea...riiiight. :bsbullf: I'm not gonna waste anymore time talking to someone just making crap up...have a sparkling day and enjoy peak!
I came back to get my ass on that truck to make 80k+.. With paid for benefits, a pension plan eventually, and a union backing me.. None of that you can get in the automotive industry. By the time I pay insurance for my family its like I make 65k... With no job security and no retirement except what I put into it.. Why is this so hard to comprehend to you? I'm not doing it for $10 an hour.. Lol they can send me home every night if they like.. I'm not there for the money right now. I'm there for the senoity..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My schedule is 5-10.. That's the twi hours I was hired for. No where, does it say hours may differ... Yes it's common knowledge that peak is busy, but no one will adjust their entire lives and lose their jobs to work a couple more pt hours for 1 month.. Then back to normal and then you have to pray you can find a decent job again after... Lol that's just ludicrous...
Wrong.. When you apply, it clearly states, 'must be available between 5pm-10pm.. Even tho normal hours are about 530-930.. The extra hour there (30 minutes before and after) is meant for peak time to adjust for those hours. Starting at 1 or 2 pm is not part of the obligated hours as stated when hired.. Again, if UPS would like to hire me permanent full time, I'll quit the day job.. Until then, pt is pt, and they get the pt from me. :)
You're in Orlando right? This is what HR has posted for the package handler position. Show me where the start time hours are.

"Earn up to $25,000 towards your college education!

UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.

Package Handlers receive a competitive hourly rate and also an attractive benefits package. Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week. Employees can expect to take home between $140.00 and $170.00 each week after deductions have been taken for taxes, etc.

UPS provides an excellent employment opportunity for students. Through the UPS Earn and Learn program, our student employees receive all the paid benefits of a great part-time job with UPS, plus outstanding education assistance of up to $2,625 per semester / $5,250 per year with a maximum lifetime benefit of $25,000. This assistance can be used for tuition, books and fees as long as you are attending an approved college, university, trade or technical school. You will be eligible for the Earn and Learn program on your first day of work."

But you know it all, so I'm sure you'll find something between the lines.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My pt sup loves me. Work hard.. Don't complain. Never gets any calls on me.. And I even let him send me home on nights he needs to cut his production.
He probably won't be the one firing you. It will be the FT Sort Sup when he's getting crushed on a Monday and wondering why he's short staffed. Then you come strolling in the door with a goofy grin on your face.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Sup walking by yelling for us to keep working.. Belts off.. Egress all over sort aisle.. Couldn't even walk thru, and he wants us to keep working.. Got to a point the steward came up and shut the main belts off until the loads caught up for safety purposes.. Sups couldn't say much about it after that point. :)
I thought your sup loved you and you were an all star?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I did my job so well, I was offered a promotion with a pretty decent raise and the hours no longer worked out. So I chose the $80k+ job, over the $6k pt job.. Pretty easy decision based on what I was up against during the recession years 2006-2010.. We all can't survive on pt wages like yourself.. I live a pretty nice life.. :) you enjoy your small sort today sweetie! :)
Unless you were moving into a FT spot you weren't getting promoted into anything.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Unless you were moving into a FT spot you weren't getting promoted into anything.
You're so psyched you think you found something to prove me wrong on you're not even reading in context.. My punctuation is perfect, so it's just your reading skills that suck.. I know there's no skills required to be a sup except being a yes man.. But come on..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I came back to get my ass on that truck to make 80k+.. With paid for benefits, a pension plan eventually, and a union backing me.. None of that you can get in the automotive industry. By the time I pay insurance for my family its like I make 65k... With no job security and no retirement except what I put into it.. Why is this so hard to comprehend to you? I'm not doing it for $10 an hour.. Lol they can send me home every night if they like.. I'm not there for the money right now. I'm there for the senoity..
Ohhh you're there for the seniority.....that thing you had 4 years worth of....until You quit. You can understand where the lack of clarity lies.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You're so psyched you think you found something to prove me wrong on you're not even reading in context.. My punctuation is perfect, so it's just your reading skills that suck.. I know there's no skills required to be a sup except being a yes man.. But come on..
You're focusing on this one sentence so that tells me we're missing part of the story here. Not surprising though.

I do like your little dig at being a yes man though. It's pretty cute. Ever hear work as directed? Does that not make you a yes man as well?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
You're in Orlando right? This is what HR has posted for the package handler position. Show me where the start time hours are.

"Earn up to $25,000 towards your college education!

UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 ½ - 4 hours each weekday (Monday through Friday) and typically do not work on weekends or selected holidays.

Package Handlers receive a competitive hourly rate and also an attractive benefits package. Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 17 1/2 – 20 hours per week. Employees can expect to take home between $140.00 and $170.00 each week after deductions have been taken for taxes, etc.

UPS provides an excellent employment opportunity for students. Through the UPS Earn and Learn program, our student employees receive all the paid benefits of a great part-time job with UPS, plus outstanding education assistance of up to $2,625 per semester / $5,250 per year with a maximum lifetime benefit of $25,000. This assistance can be used for tuition, books and fees as long as you are attending an approved college, university, trade or technical school. You will be eligible for the Earn and Learn program on your first day of work."

But you know it all, so I'm sure you'll find something between the lines.

Please! No more facts! The facts confuse the dummies.

Punctuation may be perfect, but your spelling sucks.

*seniority*