pt pm air to ft payrate?

N

none1111

Im a top rate pm air (4years), if i bid for ft driver what would my payrate be/ progression?

i heard that i would need to go through full progression including loosing my current payrate

hyena

I think that is right look at article 41 pg 146 of the National Master Agreement. Let me know what you make of the break-in rate thing.

N

none111

>> The sole exception is when an employee is awarded a
package car or feeder driver job and has not previously held a full-time job
which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break
in rate equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from
the date the employee entered the job.

this looks applicable i have not previously held a ft driving job so...

>>Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002 who subsequently are
promoted to full-time employment as a package or feeder driver will be red
circled until such time as the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate.
The transfer date will become his/her full-time start date for purposes of
applying the above progression.

i wasnt hired until 2004, im still not sure what my rate/ time in progression would be

N

none111

one more from the new contract this one looks like it actually applies the most to me

>>Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002 2008 who subsequently are promoted to full-time
employment as a package or feeder driver under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as
the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start
date for purposes of applying the above progression.

so it would look like i would be redcircled for 3 years until it catches us to my current rate (20.62)

hyena

From what I understand if you went out to qualify now you would have to wait 36 months. If you would have started qualifying before August 1st you would only have to wait 30 months.

cajunboy

Ok here are some suggestions on how to play the game.
Be advised... I lost, but it was not for lack of effort.

Ask your center manager for a pay inquiry. This part is awesome because it gives you your answer in writing.

Scenario A (I have seen both A and B done in my center)BEST CASE
You become red circled from some dumb idiot and payroll at your top rate.
CAUTION: Don't show anyone your pay stub if this happens or else they will come at you like a fly to ---t.

Here is what the contract did to me.
Scenario B (This one hurts bad)
I was an air driver at top rate since 1999. I went under the old contract so my progression is 30 months, but the new one is 36 months. You will have to go to a beginning full time wage for driver and do your progression all over again. Its bull--t trust me I grieved it. However if you don't accept my answer just as I did not accept everyones scenario B answer I encourage you to fight the company God knows I am going to do a good job, but I am doing a good job for a lot less money. Thanks Hoffa and all your minions great negotiating skills ( I wonder what they could do with the national debt)
Yes, I am still a little bitter I have not swallowed the pill yet it is still stuck in my throat.
cajunboy

N

none111

>>Part-time employees on the payroll as of July 31, 2002 2008 who subsequently are promoted to full-time
employment as a package or feeder driver under this paragraph will be red circled until such time as
the calculated progression rate exceeds that rate. The transfer date will become his/her full-time start
date for purposes of applying the above progression.

cajun i was told the same as you under the old contract; but this provision (above) in the new contract seems to apply DIRECTLY to our case.

btw what is the "Pay Inquiry"

cajunboy

There is a story to the pay inquiry. It is a short one related to one of the many times I have been UPSed. As a part timer I did seasonal driving for 4 years. The first three I recieved my top rate as an air driver. The final year I was paid the seasonal rate and of courses A PAY CUT. I spoke with my BA about it and he basically called me an idiot for not confirming my pay rate.
I arranged with my center manager before taking any position to ask the payroll dept. via email what is the proposed pay rate. That is how you get it in writing.
cajunboy
p.s. I tried what you tried I am not entirely certain, but I am 75% certain that the article previously referred was not altered from the last contract to the new one.

N

none111

p.s. I tried what you tried I am not entirely certain, but I am 75% certain that the article previously referred was not altered from the last contract to the new one.

well looks like best case i get red circled at 20.97 for 36 months??? and worst case i go through full progression including a pay cut.
I cant believe they send someone with 4years of service and experience through the exact same progression as some idiot off the street.
thats just great.