PT Preloader getting at least 8 hours a day.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DrewKane, Sep 5, 2014.

1. DrewKane

DrewKane New Member

I guess it is because my hub is way understaffed, but my supervisor asked me to come in at midnight to do early pull. I kept contact with him for a while making sure I am supposed to come in at midnight. Now I just come in and work 8 hours a day. Is any other PT/ Preload else being allowed to work this much? This week as been a disaster of epic proportions, because of high volume and new people. Supposedly we had 150,000 on Thursday, with a skeleton crew. Oh and 12 people walked out after the PCM today.

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Yep...all summer was mandatory OT on preload in my building ...it happens.

3. DrewKane

DrewKane New Member

No I am not complaining at all, I am glad they let me come in. I counted and as of right now there are 4 full time and 4 PT doing early pulls on each boxline.

4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

If you work 30 out of 90 over 8 an article 22 should be created. At least in my local.

5. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

If 12 people walked out today your building is going to be in chaos for awhile. Any insight on why the 12 people walked out?

6. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Good luck with that. Neither the Union or UPS want any Art. 22.3 jobs.

7. How do you feel about it?

8. I wish. Can't go over 5 in my building. Crackdown from district I guess

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

No double shifting until peak in my building is the new rule starting last week. It is killing the preload. Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot UPS.

10. DrewKane

DrewKane New Member

As with it seems like everywhere, training is non existent so new people mess up (same story everywhere) and the plant sup completely went off. I can not believe someone with that kind of job in the company is that unprofessional. New people were like ":censored2: this". 4 of the 12 were PT Sups as well. It is so crazy, for a while I knew who my boxline supervisor was (4 months), then :censored2: went haywire I have no clue who it is in the last 2 months. Also have been getting later and later getting the trucks out. Today was around 8:45-9:00.

11. Areyoukiddinme

Areyoukiddinme best 2 weeks ever

if your ok with working those hours then i suggest you keep records of your punch ins, breaks and lunches otherwise you may get shafted

12. Legitimyze

Legitimyze Member

That seems to be the standard here.

13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I don't mind working my lunch, 20 min paid break and hour OT. The usual attendance and staffing issues at our building as well.

14. package_pusher

package_pusher New Member