PT sup fails to report sick/option days

chipotlee

I've been having problems calling in. I have three different numbers to call UPS and my sup number. Everytime I call the three numbers no one answers. So when I message my PT sup that I'm not able to make it, He'll not report it. For instant the last time I message him and told him a emergency came up and i'm not able to make it to work. He said "Thats okay, take care what you need to take care of." Then the next day he will try to write me up. And fails to put sick day/option day on my pay. So anytime I'm sick or have a emergency the only person i could go through is my immediate supervisor which never reports it and tries to write me up....So what do i do?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've been having problems calling in. I have three different numbers to call UPS and my sup number. Everytime I call the three numbers no one answers. So when I message my PT sup that I'm not able to make it, He'll not report it. For instant the last time I message him and told him a emergency came up and i'm not able to make it to work. He said "Thats okay, take care what you need to take care of." Then the next day he will try to write me up. And fails to put sick day/option day on my pay. So anytime I'm sick or have a emergency the only person i could go through is my immediate supervisor which never reports it and tries to write me up....So what do i do?
Go to work?

chipotlee

Hahah yeah i know. It just that it sucks that I don't have a source to call in when I really have a emergency. And I have sick days and option days available but have to jump through hoops to just to use them.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hahah yeah i know. It just that it sucks that I don't have a source to call in when I really have a emergency. And I have sick days and option days available but have to jump through hoops to just to use them.
Welcome to the world of ups. Dealing with management won't get any easier in the coming years if you decide to stick around.

chipotlee

Yeah i've been here for 4 years so i kinda understand it just part of the company culture. I guess also what i'm asking if its grievance worthy? I still have proof of my conversations with my sup approving my days off and no record reported on my paystub.

chipotlee

So should i contact my lead supervisor? How should I approach it? I'm pretty good with the rest of management. Its just my immediate supervisor i'm having problems with.

Nimnim

The Nim
You have 3 numbers plus your PT sup. Of the first 3 no one answers but there's also no voicemail? When I call in if no one answers the office number it goes to voicemail.

Ok so you contact your PT sup, do you send a text or do you call and talk to him. Both gives you something to work with, but text is a little easier. As long as you can present your phone to someone above your PT sup as evidence you contacted them this goes away easily. If they responded to a text it's clear, if you have just a record of calling the number they can still deny they heard it. At least in my supplement it says we need to call in at least an hour before the shift so if you can show record of that and you have sick/option days available there's no grounds for discipline.

Why are you coming here and not talking with your steward? If you're getting written up for calling in you should have your steward present for the write up. If you can afford not getting the pay for the day isn't such a big deal since you'll get it paid out at the end of the year anyways, but it's the principle as you're calling in appropriately(I hope) and then getting disciplined on top of not being paid for the optional time afforded to you by the contract. Fight it or else they'll keep walking over you like this.

Nimnim

The Nim
Rereading a little, grab your steward, explain things to them and ask them to go with you to talk to your lead sup. Really it shouldn't have made it this far as a steward should have been present for any write up and they should have asked if you called in or put their foot down that you had option/sick days available and they should be burned before any attendance discipline.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How many emergencies could you possibly have. I have had 1-2 in my 10 year career.