PT sup going driving

captjmorg

Just recently was offered to go driving since they are in need of drivers. Been with the company for 5 years , pt sup for 4, so Ive seen how management in general is with hourlies and frankly it disgusts me. They have been jerking me around with the promise of promotions to full time supervisor and I'm getting tired of hearing it. Any drivers out there that went driving after being a pt sup? Any advice?

oldngray

nowhere special
At one time a PT sup was required to spend some time on the road (usually at least 60 days) before they could get promoted to full time management. That went away so many PT sups choose to stay a driver instead of going back into management now.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Freedom is another word for nothing else to lose?

Maybe I'm biased because I'm one of the few that actually likes to do the job. And I also hardly ever work past 6:30. So when I hear people on here talk about working until 8-9:00, I can't empathize.

Johney

Are they letting you drive so they can promote you to full-time? That's pretty much the only way a p/t sup in our building goes driving. They want them for friend/t management.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Are they letting you drive so they can promote you to full-time? That's pretty much the only way a p/t sup in our building goes driving. They want them for friend/t management.
Or the 6:1 ratio...but me thinks this would either be classified as the pre-FT sup driving period or as a casual maybe. Just make sure you wouldn't be considered a casual/TCD so you have the possibility of gaining seniority.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Just recently was offered to go driving since they are in need of drivers. Been with the company for 5 years , pt sup for 4, so Ive seen how management in general is with hourlies and frankly it disgusts me. They have been jerking me around with the promise of promotions to full time supervisor and I'm getting tired of hearing it. Any drivers out there that went driving after being a pt sup? Any advice?
Why the hell would you want to go into full time supervision after you see how idiotic the supes are in the first place and how they cant do a dam thing right anyway, and youd be a puppet? Makes no sense, no incentive to go into management at all. Deal with unrealistic bs everyday, no pension, pay a lot for your health insurance and if you lose your job, your done forever with the company. Think about it son long and hard before you really :censored2: your life up in a bad bad way.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Why the hell would you want to go into full time supervision after you see how idiotic the supes are in the first place and how they cant do a dam thing right anyway, and youd be a puppet? Makes no sense, no incentive to go into management at all. Deal with unrealistic bs everyday, no pension, pay a lot for your health insurance and if you lose your job, your done forever with the company. Think about it son long and hard before you really :censored2: your life up in a bad bad way.

Why would you waste your talents as a truck driver when you missed your calling as career counselor Jumpman! Stick to driving the truck, its the best you can do.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Why would you waste your talents as a truck driver when you missed your calling as career counselor Jumpman! Stick to driving the truck, its the best you can do.
I could do dumber you mean like go into sellout azzclown :censored2: sell your soul lie cheat and steal vision like yourself, but id rather not, that aint me dog NEVER SELLOUT HOMEBOY, not built like that son.

Box

Handle with Care
I could do dumber you mean like go into sellout azzclown :censored2: sell your soul lie cheat and steal vision like yourself, but id rather not, that aint me dog NEVER SELLOUT HOMEBOY, not built like that son.
I ran this through Google Translate...no luck :(

By The Book

Sounds like you already know how they are going to treat you if you go driving.