PT sup going driving

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by captjmorg, Aug 8, 2014.

1. captjmorg

captjmorg New Member

Just recently was offered to go driving since they are in need of drivers. Been with the company for 5 years , pt sup for 4, so Ive seen how management in general is with hourlies and frankly it disgusts me. They have been jerking me around with the promise of promotions to full time supervisor and I'm getting tired of hearing it. Any drivers out there that went driving after being a pt sup? Any advice?

2. Do I and never ever under any circumstances come back.

3. captjmorg

captjmorg New Member

Go back to pt sup or management in general?

4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

At one time a PT sup was required to spend some time on the road (usually at least 60 days) before they could get promoted to full time management. That went away so many PT sups choose to stay a driver instead of going back into management now.

5. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My building has many FT drivers that were PT sups. Haven't seen any PT sups go driving in years.

6. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

If you haven't been promoted yet then you won't be promoted. Come on out on the road and enjoy your freedom.

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Freedom is another word for nothing else to lose?

8. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Maybe I'm biased because I'm one of the few that actually likes to do the job. And I also hardly ever work past 6:30. So when I hear people on here talk about working until 8-9:00, I can't empathize.

9. light_is_on

light_is_on New Member

I did about 8.5 yes ago. Take the driving job and don't ever look back.

Sent using BrownCafe App

10. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 22 Year South Cal UPSer

I left management and became a driver. Make your decision and never look back. Man up, son.

11. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Are they letting you drive so they can promote you to full-time? That's pretty much the only way a p/t sup in our building goes driving. They want them for f/t management.

12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Or the 6:1 ratio...but me thinks this would either be classified as the pre-FT sup driving period or as a casual maybe. Just make sure you wouldn't be considered a casual/TCD so you have the possibility of gaining seniority.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

13. TheKid99

TheKid99 Active Member

From what I heard today there is literally no freedom in driving

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Why the hell would you want to go into full time supervision after you see how idiotic the supes are in the first place and how they cant do a dam thing right anyway, and youd be a puppet? Makes no sense, no incentive to go into management at all. Deal with unrealistic bs everyday, no pension, pay a lot for your health insurance and if you lose your job, your done forever with the company. Think about it son long and hard before you really :censored2: your life up in a bad bad way.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  15. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Why would you waste your talents as a truck driver when you missed your calling as career counselor Jumpman! Stick to driving the truck, its the best you can do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I could do dumber you mean like go into sellout azzclown retard sell your soul lie cheat and steal vision like yourself, but id rather not, that aint me dog NEVER SELLOUT HOMEBOY, not built like that son.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  17. Box

Box Handle with Care

I ran this through Google Translate...no luck :(

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Pretty self explanatory really, itll come to ya, throw a couple frostees down and it will make sense lol.

19. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Sounds like you already know how they are going to treat you if you go driving.