PT Sup to FT Driver

YOA

Hey guys I had just a quick question. I'm trying to do the 6 to 1 to get a FT driver position. I have been with the company for 14 years. 3 years pt union and 11 years as a PT sup which I currently am. When I become a FT driver will my pay be any different from new contract since I've been here for so long? Just curious I'd it made a difference...

UPS4Life

No your years of service wouldn't mean anything even if you were Union the whole time. The only thing that would go towards is how many vacations you get but since your management I don't know if you have any years of service somebody else might know that answer. You will be in the 4 year progression at the pay rate whatever is in the contract book.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

11 years as a PT Sup.

I would have been institutionalized by the 8th year

trickpony1

Let it be known that you want to go to FT driver so as to "expand my knowledge base, flexibility and value in preparation for FT management".

That will get the attention of your managers and it might just get you in as the 6 to 1 a little quicker.

Once in FT pkg car stay there.......don't go anywhere else.

YOA

No, I do not want to go FT management...but I was curious if my 14 years in the company would benefit me in any way of the pay rate, but I guess it doesn't...maybe just my vacations will transfer? Oh well....sucks

F

FrigidAdCorrector

I was curious if my 14 years in the company would benefit me in any way of the pay rate, but I guess it doesn't...maybe just my vacations will transfer?
Nothing will transfer. You are essentially a new hire.

YOA

I know, screwed up that one...but starting now can't be all that bad?, at least I'll keep my 4 weeks vacation...