PT Supe, got a DUI

AndUPSER

A pt sup on the twilight sort here has a DUI. Probably the least liked sup in the building and has been here for 10 years because nobody else will hire him because of his DUI.

He also can't afford a car because of the DUI so he has to bum rides off of other pt sups. It's quite funny when nobody *is able* to take him and he has to take a bus, then walk 5 miles from the bus stop. Don't drink and drive, it'll cost you and possibly others.

ups1990

A pt sup on the twilight sort here has a DUI. Probably the least liked sup in the building and has been here for 10 years because nobody else will hire him because of his DUI.

He also can't afford a car because of the DUI so he has to bum rides off of other pt sups. It's quite funny when nobody *is able* to take him and he has to take a bus, then walk 5 miles from the bus stop. Don't drink and drive, it'll cost you and possibly others.
Is he not enjoying the twilight of his career?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've seen PT supes shuttle packages out to us during peak before in company vehicles.

A lot of things happen during Peak that perhaps shouldn't or wouldn't happen any other time of year.

There are PT sups who do have valid DOT cards but I don't believe it is a requirement for them to do so.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That is not the point of this thread and, to be blunt, is none of your damn business.

To the OP----you need to be upfront and honest about this. FT management has a bad habit of reading the police log in the local paper.
This is not the BOG...go back to watching the Price is Right. You volunteer as little as possible to management...except when required to. But if asked a direct question...do not lie or intentionally omit anything. Cover your :censored2:.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
What the hell people?! Yes you tell your boss you can't legally drive a package car the very next day! You put UPS in a horrible position legally driving with a suspended license. We've had 2 people fired and it's been months and not one but two times now there's been regional grievance hearings and one national since they've been canned. Seriously...are you guys trying to get him fired and put UPS in a legal position? They monitor these forums.

UPS4Life

What the hell people?! Yes you tell your boss you can't legally drive a package car the very next day! You put UPS in a horrible position legally driving with a suspended license. We've had 2 people fired and it's been months and not one but two times now there's been regional grievance hearings and one national since they've been canned. Seriously...are you guys trying to get him fired and put UPS in a legal position? They monitor these forums.
You must have missed the part where he doesn't drive and said he has no intentions on driving

Sent using BrownCafe App

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The OP is a PT sup...what PC driving does he do?

cb1969

If you are a driver the answer is yes you must inform your immediate supervisor the next working day. If you do not drive the answer is no.

vowl

up late
Real Advice:
If you do not drive for UPS do not tell anyone anything. Talk to your lawyer. Remember that you are not convicted yet. You might get a driving permit to get to work. These things can turn out many different ways. The only thing that is certain right now is that all your money belongs to the court system and lawyers.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Real Advice:
If you do not drive for UPS do not tell anyone anything. Talk to your lawyer. Remember that you are not convicted yet. You might get a driving permit to get to work. These things can turn out many different ways. The only thing that is certain right now is that all your money belongs to the court system and lawyers.
He's a PT sup....what money?? lol

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I know all FT sups have to have a valid DOT card----not so sure about PT sups. Why would they even need one?
My old OMS could not get a DOT card because of high blood pressure. Was always beet red and looked like his head was going to pop. They couldn't promote him to FT oncar so they made him a center manager in a neighboring center.

Yes I already know it was stupid of me driving drunk. We all make mistakes we're not proud of. And no worries I'm not driving at all for ups, im a part time unloader sup working the twilight. Thanks again for the replies.