PT Supervisor calling in sick.

UPSGUY72

I was just promoted to PT supervisor, I've been with UPS for around 1 year 5 months, so I have 4 option days. For the next 2 weeks I will be training for my supervisor position, but I am really sick. I was wondering if I keep my option days and would I get it trouble or lose my promotion if I call in?

Get it right you weren't promoted. The job you took sucks. They suckered you into a dead end non union job with promises that they they can't keep.

Union employees don't get promoted they earn the right to better jobs / position based on seniority. Now ths that your in a non union job you will need to kiss butt in order to have a chance to get "PROMOTED".

browner89

Get it right you weren't promoted. The job you took sucks. They suckered you into a dead end non union job with promises that they they can't keep.

Union employees don't get promoted they earn the right to better jobs / position based on seniority. Now ths that your in a non union job you will need to kiss butt in order to have a chance to get "PROMOTED".

Wanted to post this exact same thing, beat me to it.

You definitely weren't "promoted", you got suckered into a dead end.

MKO17

Well I'm in school for radiology so I'm only going to be at UPS for 2 more years so I don't care about being a driver or working for this company long term, so I think it was a good choice.

Whargoul

When I was still a preloader my PT sup called off sick one day and they fired him. He got his job back though but got moved to reload.

SquirrelBoggie

I was just promoted to PT supervisor, I've been with UPS for around 1 year 5 months, so I have 4 option days. For the next 2 weeks I will be training for my supervisor position, but I am really sick. I was wondering if I keep my option days and would I get it trouble or lose my promotion if I call in?
You should just call in or better yet don't call in at all for 3 days straight and find out what happens

SquirrelBoggie

Why do these guys always think they were promoted? A Supervisor yelled at me about pph saying I need to get my numbers up and the reason he's a supervisor is because he's a hard worker who gets a lot of scans, so he was promoted. That got a good laugh out of our work group

8000Shelf

Never even called out sick in many years of service as an hourly.

Get your smile* together man. It's 5-6 hours of non physical activity.

UPSGUY72

You don't get a bonus when you retire for not calling in sick. You have sick days and personal days for a reason. I use all of them and some more and I'm still going to make $85,000 + this year...

Cementups

Box Monkey

FW8NDh1.jpg

8000Shelf

You don't get a bonus when you retire for not calling in sick. You have sick days and pe days for a reason. I use all of them and some more and I'm still going to make $85,000 + this year...

If I have to wake up and call a supervisor, I feel like I might as well go in and get paid at that point. I obviously use all my option days and vacation. It's different when I can sleep as late as I want and pretend I don't work there when I wake up.

Are you serious , this comedy at its best...it typical, you don't know the basics of your position but you're a supervisor in training....the blind leading the blind...question how time does the person training you have ?