PT Supervisor in Austin, TX hub.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Unions promote mediocrity, discourage initiative and protect bad employees.
That is your jaded view. As a person who grew up in a family of men who stood for the right of the workers they represented, I can attest that is NOT what my family believed or stood for. It is not how they raised their families. It is not how they lead their union membership, either. Your ears would burn if you heard what my grandfather thought of our former local prez. I bet he is rolling in his grave over the current slate. Please do not generalize all unions in you jaded interpretation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is your jaded view. As a person who grew up in a family of men who stood for the right of the workers they represented, I can attest that is NOT what my family believed or stood for. It is not how they raised their families. It is not how they lead their union membership, either. Your ears would burn if you heard what my grandfather thought of our former local prez. I bet he is rolling in his grave over the current slate. Please do not generalize all unions in you jaded interpretation.

Likewise don't let your jaded view of the company cloud your judgement.

Unions were an essential part of the Industrial Revolution. Today's unions bear little resemblance to their predecessors.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My judgement is based on my interactions with the company. How many interactions have you had with unions outside of your current choice of representation?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My judgement is based on my interactions with the company. How many interactions have you had with unions outside of your current choice of representation?

I did not choose to be represented by anyone. I was hired by UPS and am a Teamster by default. Becoming a Teamster was quite honestly the last thing on my mind when I applied at UPS. Before that I was military in which I had no representation.

Do you think your experience would have been different had you chosen to be less dramatic in your interactions with the company? Stayed under the radar? Not brought so much attention on to yourself?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Do you think I walked around in pink striped tights and a red wig screaming Pick Me! Pick Me? That's why they tried to have me arrested for NEVER touching that package. Why wasn't the actual offender arrested for ruining a customers $23,000 package? Why did UPS swallow the $23,000 payout? I will never be able to explain to you anything and have it be good enough. I am always going to be the one who was the one who caused all the trouble. The company is perfect and I am a bitch. Happy now? I doubt it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Or, could it be them successfully injuring me for life? What did I do to deserve that? Stand up for my own rights as an employee? You never say they did anything wrong. Bully for you. I believe when a group of grown professionals intentionally injury employees as a form of coercion, I am not the one with the skewed perception of reality. But, I am sure you will find a way to blame me for that, too. You really are amazing.

Upser08

"he can do 500/hr, you should too"

some people strive for more out of life, and working harder and faster makes them stand out amongst the mediocre.