PT Supervisor Pay for NewYear Eve 12/31/2011

egorj26

What pay code did PT supervisor use if the worked on NewYears Eve? Did you use pay code 05(Pay actual) or Code 32(Holiday Pay)?:angry:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My advise is to look at this carefully and draw it out on paper and show to your Center manager.
You are suppose to work 5 days in a week.
If Monday was a Holiday = 1
if you worked Tues - Fri = 4
If you worked NYE = 1
--------------------------------------
Total = 6

For P/T Sup, you get paid for hours work over 27 (I think) so the P/T sup needs to turn in all hours worked on NYE as hours worked plus the 4 hours of holiday pay.

I believe you should code it as 05 and get paid for working the extra hours on NYE.
If you code it as a Holiday - you are indicating you did not work.
You may need to take a day off this week or next and code that as Holiday pay.
Don't get screwed out of your day off or at least get paid for it.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why would 5 days matter? If its a holiday, isn't he entitled to holiday pay? Short answer- yes.

Management doesn't really get Holiday pay.
Management is expected to work 5 days per work week.
Since I worked on NYE, I did not work on Wednesday.
For P/T Sup, they can get paid for hours work over 27 (I think) so the P/T sup needs to turn in all hours worked on NYE as hours worked plus the 4 hours of holiday pay.

Unfortunately, there was problems in Europe so I worked from home this morning from 5 a.m. until 11:15 a.m. - I don't know how I'm going to recoup those hours yet but I will somehow.

menotyou

bella amicizia
And probably not even realize it.
My group has 10 people in it and I went around and looked at their schedules for 12/25 - 12/31 and 5 of the 10 had themselves coming in 6 days. It gets bit tricky.
We had a former OMS who had getting OT down pat, at least she thought.
Notice I said former.

Kae3106

Payroll runs queries on all of the time cards during holiday weeks. If you work and code it as 05 or 06, they will change it to 32 for you. Same thing if you don't work the holiday and forget to code it 22.