PT Supervisor tranfer

Hello UPSERS, I just recently got promoted to a supervisor, training next week. However, I am going to school in the fall about three hours from the hub I am currently working at. I'm extremely worried about telling them I'm moving in late August. I want to get transferred to the new location I am moving too. Their is 3 hubs in the area I could get transferred too, but I don't know if they'd even let me tranfer 2 months after I got promoted. I don't want to leave the hub I am currently working at, I'm just going to school in a city that I really love. I don't want to miss the opportunity to go to the college I really want to be at, but I don't want to lose a job that I really do like and could honestly see myself being at the rest of my life. Any chance a supervisor could get educational tranferred even though it's only 7 weeks after promotion date?

ihatewinter

Is there an opening at those hubs?
I think the contract is a year until you can move jobs unless you move up.
union can transfer because of education I don't know about non Union

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Go onto UPSers and see if there are open PT sup positions in the hubs around. Whether or not they let you transfer is anybody's guess. But I wouldn't hold my breathe.

Union transfers you have to be there a year, which I have not. I'd have 11 months seniority by the time Id tranfer if I stayed in the union. I wanted to go into management regardless. In my eyes it falls into place easier because I couldn't get tranferred as a loader anyway by the time school came around. Their is 3 hubs all in a 45 mile radius where I'd be going to school so I would figure there would be an open position.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
So you don't think it would happen even if I am going to a university to further my education?
I'm not going to say there's no shot. But it would be difficult. My FT sup told me when I moved to management that he looks at people like investments. He isn't just going to give one up. They're going to be pissed you left out moving for school. That should have been step number 1.

Well. If that is the case theirs no way that one of the three hubs I could work at wouldn't hire a previous supervisor that's worked in a automated and non automated hub. So if I have to get rehired I'm sure it wouldn't take long. Especially around October with upcoming peak.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Well. If that is the case theirs no way that one of the three hubs I could work at wouldn't hire a previous supervisor that's worked in a automated and non automated hub. So if I have to get rehired I'm sure it wouldn't take long. Especially around October with upcoming peak.
Perspective New Boss: *Dials Phone* "Hey Joe, yeah Steve from *******. Yeah I just got an application for an old supervisor of yours. He wants to work here. Why did he leave?"
Old Boss: "Oh you mean the kid who we promoted and bailed on us in 2 months? Yeah, what about him?"

If you don't think your current sup is going to be ticked and the new supervisor isn't going to check, you're out of your mind.

Well if that's what you think I guess I can say okay. It's an ignorant response but if that is how you think its how you think. I could work at any hub and be one of the best if not the best loader. I think they'd want my help regardless of transferring hubs to further my education.

ihatewinter

Well if that's what you think I guess I can say okay. It's an ignorant response but if that is how you think its how you think. I could work at any hub and be one of the best if not the best loader. I think they'd want my help regardless of transferring hubs to further my education.

It's not ignorant more then brutally honest.
How old are you and what other jobs have you had. That is what is going to happen.

But like someone else said give it a try. It is also late and other people might reply tomorrow.
Give it a try because they might need someone but it's not posted yet. find out the full time sups name for those hubs and call and leave a message or get their email. Just explain the situation and you should be fine. They will most likely say that you should have told them earlier.

watdaflock?

I just recently got promoted to a supervisor, training next week.
meme1927397021.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Where does UPS find all these superstars?

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hello UPSERS, I just recently got promoted to a supervisor, training next week. However, I am going to school in the fall about three hours from the hub I am currently working at. I'm extremely worried about telling them I'm moving in late August. I want to get transferred to the new location I am moving too. Their is 3 hubs in the area I could get transferred too, but I don't know if they'd even let me tranfer 2 months after I got promoted. I don't want to leave the hub I am currently working at, I'm just going to school in a city that I really love. I don't want to miss the opportunity to go to the college I really want to be at, but I don't want to lose a job that I really do like and could honestly see myself being at the rest of my life. Any chance a supervisor could get educational tranferred even though it's only 7 weeks after promotion date?
Well if you plan on being in UPS management all your life then get ready for a life filled with drug and alcohol abuse. I can't even name someone in management who hasn't had to go to rehab.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You can call it ignorance, it's just honesty. I'm not a perspective sup, I am one. I know how it works and it's going to happen that way. I'm sorry it doesn't fit into your perfect world model, but you should have thought of that before you tried to move up.