PTer OT Crackdown?

F

FrigidAdCorrector

So they've been cracking down on OT in my building the last couple of weeks. Which is a problem because we're short. Yesterday they called a couple of the guys on my shift to see if they could help out on preload. They showed up and worked but on their way out were told they could only work one hour on our sort as they weren't allowed to go OT. It completely screwed our sort. All the guys on preload were timed out so they couldn't come in and help. We ended up having drivers unload their trucks but we were still short in other areas of the building.

Is anywhere else experiencing this madness? I just can't figure out how having a couple low seniority PTers avoid OT makes sense when drivers are being paid way more to do the same job.

Sent using BrownCafe App

aiian

It's nothing new.

Here they make preload punch out 15 min. before the drivers start wether the trucks are wrapped or not.

Spending nickels to make pennies is what made UPS what it is today.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So they've been cracking down on OT in my building the last couple of weeks. Which is a problem because we're short. Yesterday they called a couple of the guys on my shift to see if they could help out on preload. They showed up and worked but on their way out were told they could only work one hour on our sort as they weren't allowed to go OT. It completely screwed our sort. All the guys on preload were timed out so they couldn't come in and help. We ended up having drivers unload their trucks but we were still short in other areas of the building.

Is anywhere else experiencing this madness? I just can't figure out how having a couple low seniority PTers avoid OT makes sense when drivers are being paid way more to do the same job.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I've been averaging 28-30 hrs a week on preload since June...Most days I don't clock out till almost 930. Two more weeks...and summer peak is over!

fres431

Other pick up jobs can't effect your primary sort. Plus when you report to a shift as a part timer your guaranteed 3.5hrs.so I think your owed 2.5 hrs for afternoon shift

saintrick

We have the OT crunch going on here also.

Management has told us no more double shifting is allowed.

If we just have to have people they use lower seniority employees to better manage the OT.

Also openly using supervisors to do the work. They would rather pay the grievance than have the OT on the books.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Everyone should refuse other shifts if they can't work their normal shift as well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Day sort boss was told by the DM nobody is allowed to double shift starting a couple of weeks ago.
Even though DM spend a decent amount of time observing operations it's my experiance that they don't really have any clue how many man hours it takes to get the work done.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its all about numbers. I'm assuming that you're on the local sort. This bull has been going on in my center ever since. Drivers unload their trucks everyday and my shop steward who is sucking up to the center manager because he wants to go driving does nothing. The clown will be gone in April, nobody likes the fool.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Its all about numbers. I'm assuming that you're on the local sort. This bull has been going on in my center ever since. Drivers unload their trucks everyday and my shop steward who is sucking up to the center manager because he wants to go driving does nothing. The clown will be gone in April, nobody likes the fool.
As long as you are getting your 3.5 a day...and sups aren't touching packages...what would you like your steward to do...tell a driver who's already on the clock to stop working so you can have more hours?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
As long as you are getting your 3.5 a day...and sups aren't touching packages...what would you like your steward to do...tell a driver who's already on the clock to stop working so you can have more hours?

By the drivers working, that prevents us from working more than our 3.5 hours. Supervisors work alongside our shop steward while holding conversations every single day. Like I said, nobody likes the guy, and he will be gone soon.

Returntosender

The double shift codes are showing up on reports. Atlanta wants to know why preload employees are flagged on center payroll reports. As a previous poster said years ago" As long as you're overtime, and injury don't show up my operations report, it's not my problem it's your manager problem"

Sent using BrownCafe App
PT Crack is going down at freight also...no ot but pay the toped oui driver to do the work on their ot rate..Hello? Anybody in there? Freaking Rocket surgeons.