PTer Temptations to Steal iPads

UPSGUY72

As a driver there is nothing that I deliver that is worth me losing my $32 hr job plus the benefits. But there are some rocket scientist out there that would disagree..

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm actually surprised you don't hear more stories about drivers getting busted for stealing since it would be the easiest for them. But yet most of the stories are about inside PT'ers being the stupid ones.
Because one days of drivers pay can pay for one. It would take 2 weeks for a pt to make that. There's a thread about a guy who's only worked 4 weeks ready to quit. Wonder if he's grabbing one on the way out.

jaker

trolling
Drivers are the last people they look at when they have thefts

I remember a AT&T store opening and they had over 100 iPhones stolen guess who the driver was and I never got question about it , but man I hated going there when I found out it was happing

Justaname

I'm writing this message on iPad right now. I bought it with the 2 jobs I work. Some people are lazy *******s who think they deserve the world.

OptimusPrime

My guess is because the Apple stuff SCREAMS Apple! If you deliver/handle/load the stuff enough, you know exactly what it looks like. They really need to switch over to a generic UPS label and packaging.

BrownArmy

I remember a AT&T store opening and they had over 100 iPhones stolen guess who the driver was and I never got question about it , but man I hated going there when I found out it was happing

Reminds me of a newbie air driver who put 100+ NDA pkgs for an Apple store in prerecord...stop-completed after 10:30...they all showed up late, driver was shown the door...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Reminds me of a newbie air driver who put 100+ NDA pkgs for an Apple store in prerecord...stop-completed after 10:30...they all showed up late, driver was shown the door...

Typical double standards. When being trained my sup and I went to wal mart. They were closed for inventory. He said we don't have time for it right now we will sheet them all later. At 5:30 he looked back and saw them and realized they hadn't been sheeted.

75 missed pieces.

jaker

trolling
To be honest you can steal once and more then likly get away with it , but you shouldn't push up above the once

So make sure the one time you decide to steal is when it is really worth it

For me that is a million dollars cash that pop open in my truck

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Years ago we had a driver that would come in early, when the preload went on break he would go into the cars next to him and take packages out and put them in his load. Now the drivers around him had follow ups all the time but never him. He also lived on route so when he went home for lunch he would just bring the stuff in with him. It took them awhile to figure this out but they did. And when he did the walk out of the building it was in handcuffs in front of everyone.

balland chain

This morning we lost yet another PTer who couldn't resist the allure of an iPad, becoming the second such termination in the last four working days. In my decade-plus career with UPS, we've lost more PTers to the theft of Apple products (iPods, iPhones & iPads) than for every other reason COMBINED (attendance, performance, theft of everything else non-Apple). What gives? Does Apple have some secret hold over people?

So PTers -- DON'T DO IT. YOU'LL GET CAUGHT!!! In my building, the trailer in which the forever bags containing the Apple products are kept has a camera ... as well as the small sort slide. When LP knows they're coming, you're watched.
In my opinion, full time or part time, If you steal, your gone.. persons that do such is why the company thinks all of us are liars and thief's.. Personally, I am tired of being looked at as a driver who would steal time.. Hell, I dont take their water or what ever the "safety committee " has on the counter on safety meeting night...I do not want nor expect anything from the company except my paycheck ....

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
If it's straight from Apple, you won't get to activate it, they'll lock the SIM in the 3g/4g and lock the iWhatever's ID #. If it's from an outside vendor like Amazon or Ebay, then Apple won't touch it.

browntroll

i would love to see this, honestly what are they thinking? its a freaking ipad not a piece of paper. idk about your building but mine
you get wanded/metal detector coming in and going out, unless you have some special i.d. and can walk right through. i go off all the time and im always the slowest
coming in and out, it just makes no sense to me.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It's my understanding that only select facilities, typically the largest, have metal detectors. Of course, it's staffed by contracted, outside minimum wage security personnel -- and often, you get what you pay for. I bring my gym bag into work daily and cannot recall the last time it was searched. I keep my tablet (not Apple) in it and it does not set off the metal detector, although my keys do.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First of all, security at my facility is a joke. If i wanted to smuggle something out, i could. The guards barely take half a glance inside my bag. I've had mp3 players, bottles of prescription meds, open bags of lottery scratch off tickets come down my slide over the years. It never crossed my mind to steal. I just give it to my line sup and tell him i found it. Where it goes after that, i couldn't care less. And ups can stick their friday bagels and bottled water up their brown hole. All i want is a box of crayons, some rolls of tape and a bottle of spray wax for my slide...all of which are apparent precious commodities cause we're always out of them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Let me elaborate the joke that is security. We have a broken walk thru metal detector.. been non functional for several years but is still sitting there. When exiting, the guard wands us, but i have pocket change, keys and my ipod in my pockets and it never beeps so i wonder whether the wands even work. They don't ask us to empty our pockets. We can bring ipods, ipads, phones, radios, basically anything to work...no requirement for stickers from LP.

browntroll

Let me elaborate the joke that is security. We have a broken walk thru metal detector.. been non functional for several years but is still sitting there. When exiting, the guard wands us, but i have pocket change, keys and my ipod in my pockets and it never beeps so i wonder whether the wands even work. They don't ask us to empty our pockets. We can bring ipods, ipads, phones, radios, basically anything to work...no requirement for stickers from LP.
i wish i could do that, been working a few years and still cant get a pass for my phone, they tell me only if i have a pregnant wife or something like that and would have to bring proof.
had a coworker with pregnant wife ask for a pass he brought proof and they still didnt want to give it to him, eventually he had someone from the union go with him and they finally budged for
a temporary pass for a few months even though he has 8 years in. but makes no sense they get their own lp guys a pass even though theyre only gonna be there for 6 months and got hired from
an agency.