PTer Temptations to Steal iPads

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
First of all, security at my facility is a joke. If i wanted to smuggle something out, i could. The guards barely take half a glance inside my bag. I've had mp3 players, bottles of prescription meds, open bags of lottery scratch off tickets come down my slide over the years. It never crossed my mind to steal. I just give it to my line sup and tell him i found it. Where it goes after that, i couldn't care less. And ups can stick their friday bagels and bottled water up their brown hole. All i want is a box of crayons, some rolls of tape and a bottle of spray wax for my slide...all of which are apparent precious commodities cause we're always out of them.

I've asked before, but just what is this security​ you speak of??

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm not sure I understand your question. Our building has a contract with an outside security company. They have guards who are supposed to monitor the entering and exiting of employees. I'm not sure if all hubs have this. The two in NY i've been to have it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Our security guy at night never even checks drivers. He's a retired police officer and knows that if we wanted to steal it would be done on the road. He only checks the hub employees.

Cosmo, that closet you call a center doesn't need a security guard.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I once misloaded a cell phone onto a driver's car. He tried to steal it, but was busted and fired. Guy had twenty years in (and this was roughly 5 years ago). Best part was he blamed ME for costing him his job!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I don't get it, I would never steal anything. We had a driver fired for stealing meds, again, I don't understand the mindset or the temptation. I have neither.

S

serenity now

I once misloaded a cell phone onto a driver's car. He tried to steal it, but was busted and fired. Guy had twenty years in (and this was roughly 5 years ago). Best part was he blamed ME for costing him his job!

you mean truck, right?

trickpony1

I knew a PT supe that stole a high dollar cell phone.
He took the SIM card out of his old phone and put it in the new phone.
I guess he thought it couldn't be traced.

I can't imagine being that dumb.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Can we tell people its only cardoard anymore?

It doesnt matter the item, worth or reason... does it matter you getting blacklisted from all other jobs that do or dont deem you a drug addict? I only see it as cardboard, get it in my hands and out of my hands as quickly as possible.

Apple, for me, is way over-rated. They charge for everything and then-some. A regular PC unit with internet can do the same thing as an costly apple for free, if you know what to look for.

Stealing at the job, never. Stealing over the internet, legal and priceless.