pulled into office for over allowance

jedi_243

center manager is pulling drivers into office for running an hour + over allowed, some days its the same driver. center manager will pull the top over allowed person into office to talk with them, when is it harassment ? when do you file, how can you bring up stops per hour when your on a deferent route each day/week. is this just a scare tactic, do they just want to frustrate you then go out and catch you slipping? can you play the age card? :not_fair:

710 steward

Stay calm and don't let them get to you. All you have to say I am giving you my best and my best is a fair day according to the contract. You don't have to say anything else. I am sure they will pick your day apart and say this stop took this long and that one this long but it doesn't matter because every day is different. Again, stay calm and don't let it affect you. These are their numbers not your numbers or anything close to being fair. If it continues file a grievance for harassment and misc on a fair day. If things are really getting heated call HR too. Make sure you are documenting everything properly. Tell the HR department that you are being harassed and that is against UPS policy. Tell them you want copies of the documentation so you too have a record on file. They'll understand what you are saying and it will back them off.

ncupser82

Total scare tactics. My center manager asked me yesterday if he could tear up my 9.5 grievances... Ha! Fat chance buddy, like I told my business agent, I don't shake hands with the devil! When they approach me about my sporh I encourage them to come!e ride with me so they can see why it takes as long as it does!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The union should double check with that center manager just t make sure all are taking full lunch too and at the right time.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Work Safely,Work by the Methods. don't take extra lunch,dont dawdle at stops talking. do the job as if the supe were with you( he is!).
I run 2-3 hours OA every day ( did no better on my 3 day lock in lol ) and my telematics report show i am doing the job safely and by the methods.
If they start that crap I ask them to please show me with all the technology they have where I am failing to do the job properly. If they keep pushing i file a harassment grievance and they leave me alone for 3-4 months. It isnt hard to get them to leave you alone <shrug>

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I cant stress enough that when management knows you dont care about OA,and they know from your telematics report that you arent laying down on them they will rarely discuss it with you. It has been at least since October since this subject was brought up with me,and also the drivers in my group who share the same outlook.The Scared Rabbits hear about it quite often

Dweezel

It's funny for a company that preaches methods they hate it when drivers actually use them. Like all the others have stated stay calm, leave emotion at the center manager door. If anything through out your day slows u down like road construction, a customer with questions keep a log of your days a lot of drivers keep mini calendars in their pocket and anytime something out of the ordinary happens they make a note. That way if they get called up they can accurately say what happened that day. Always use the methods, they are your friend, and will not only guarantee a safe day, but will protect you in the long run.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Also, remind them if you start off with a crap load. Odds are it effects your whole day. I can only do as well as my dispatch. Rare I'm ever over more then a half hr. Somedays I feel they know this for the days I do stay out. They know my numbers are almost perfect. Everyday

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Also, remind them if you start off with a crap load. Odds are it effects your whole day. I can only do as well as my dispatch. Rare I'm ever over more then a half hr. Somedays I feel they know this for the days I do stay out. They know my numbers are almost perfect. Everyday

They won't say a word about a half hour or so-----anything an hour or more over and you will get their attention.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It's funny for a company that preaches methods they hate it when drivers actually use them. Always use the methods, they are your friend, and will not only guarantee a safe day, but will protect you in the long run.

"I am doing the best I can.... in the safest manner possible."

You have no obligation, to "explain" your every move.

You have no obligation, to "remember" everything that happens.

When they try to call you to the carpet.... All you need to say is....

"Brown-up or Shut-up"

Here are the keys.... show me how it's done.

-Bug-

LagunaBrown

The Union does not recognize those numbers. It is a bonus / incentive program based on company policies and you must be physically observed to truly judge a fair days work for a fairs day pay . It is however a red flag for management to follow you around but as long as you drive every day as if a supervisor is on car then you will be fine. Also if a management ever hints to discipline get a steward. It's your right and they are only fishing for you to say something dumb that they can bust you for.

"In this world, if you read the papers, darling, You know everybody's fighting with each other. You got no one you can count on, dear, Not even your own brother". Janis Joplin - (Get it while you can)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
How would you explain production rides?

Sent using BrownCafe App
I don't have to, so I wouldn't.
Management has to explain them and if they want to waste their time, how do we stop them?
The key for any driver is to do the job as instructed and let the managers worry about the numbers.
The minute you by into their allowances, they've got you.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't have to, so I wouldn't.
Management has to explain them and if they want to waste their time, how do we stop them?
The key for any driver is to do the job as instructed and let the managers worry about the numbers.
The minute you by into their allowances, they've got you.

How would you explain the driver who can run a 16.3 with his on-car but can only run a 13.3 by himself?

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
How would you explain the driver who can run a 16.3 with his on-car but can only run a 13.3 by himself?
with all of the technology i.e. telematics it should be very easy for the company to find out what the problem is. (IMO 3 day rides are nothing but a Scare Tactic as the information needed can be gleaned from a Virtual Observation)
Some drivers do better on 3 day lock ins due to the loads being manicured,heavy pick ups taken off and shifted to another driver and a tighter than normal delivery area