Pulling Doubles and Triples

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Toshiro Hitsugaya, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Question for any of the Feeder drivers or anybody that knows, does UPS still pull triples? I know some states do not allow it, but is this practice still done? Where does it most occur?

Last I seen triple pull was in heading into MEANJ back in '02, and it was 2 drop-frames and 1 48fter.

Also does UPS still pull double 48fters?
  2. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

Would those 48 footers be 40 footers maybe?
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I always thought triples were only legal west of the Mississippi so I am surpised you saw them in New Jersey. I can't imagine pulling a set of triple of the NY Turnpike (it's bad enough driving a car with those idiots).
  4. spif91

spif91 Member

photo1.jpg_1010400 copy1 copy.jpgdouble48's 1.jpg
  5. spif91

spif91 Member

We pull trips here in Oklahoma......3-28 footers, 1-45 footer and 1-28 footer, 2-45 footers or like last week a 53 in front of a 48....no restrictions here.
  6. spif91

spif91 Member

7. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

SPif91- If that is your set of triples, then you sir, are an artist. Nice smooth curve, nothing outta line, that is a pretty build.

I was in Nevada about two months ago and saw a few sets of trips.
  9. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

He's better than you think. He took that pic after he backed onto that dock!
  10. spif91

spif91 Member

11. spif91

spif91 Member

They b mine and thank you for the compliment although I must say they don't always look that purdy!!!!
  12. spif91

spif91 Member

They b mine from last Wed morning and thank you for the compliment although I must say they don't always look that purdy.......
  13. spif91

spif91 Member

Sorry for the double post. I'm trying to bump up my post count
  14. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Would you like some pointers?:wink2:
  15. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I hear some of those oklahoma drivers are so talented they will pull a 28 ft in front of a 45 ft despite what common sense, safety and an organization known as the DOT might say.
  16. brett636

brett636 Well-Known Member

Not quite. Here in Indiana I had to take a doubles/triples test to qualify for feeders. I have never seen a set of triples leave our lot or on the local highways so I am guessing it is only legal on certain highways in the state, and most likely none that I frequent.
  17. Nope, 48fters I have even seen doubles of 53fters awhile back before.

Now imagine all the idiots on NJ Turnpike either way NJ or NY it is a dangerous situation.

I was coming back from dropping my Sis off at college in Reading PA when I seen the trip set at a rest stop for a meet. The driver told me that he was waiting for another driver so that they can split the load.

You sir, I must commend you, besides the crazy bastards who do the Ice Road Rtes, and the super crazy bastards in Aussie that do the convoys where they are pulling a train of trailers, my hat is off to you guys.
  18. robot

robot Large Member

Seeing a 48 with a pup just doesn't look right....
  19. Road trains are usually found in the Outback in Australia, and with a minimal of 3 trailers.

An uncommon 29 Trailer Road Train

6 Trailer Road Train
  20. spif91

spif91 Member

A 45 with a 28 ft pup behind it is the ideal way to get train pay everynight. U don't even know the pup is back there.