Purple Flu Day

vantexan

Lets start with many grocery workers, hospitality, truck drivers, government workers, farm workers, flight attendants just to name a few. And no FedEx couldn't just fire workers on strike unless it is explicitly forbidden in the contract, or due to job classification rules such as public safety. You really need to stop spreading misinformation.

Where are the strikes for all those you named? I worked at a supermarket for 4 years. They don't make that much. Why aren't they striking? We're talking about organizing, then striking to get something comparable to UPS. Are any of those groups making that kind of pay with those kind of benefits? I can say this until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't register with some here. We should do better than we are. We need a union to do better because if anything FedEx is eliminating the raises we've gotten in recent years by cutting hours. But under the RLA it just isn't going to happen and the people who could make it happen, Congressional Democrats, can only do it if they are in complete control of Congress and the White House. And they were bought off when they were in control. We don't work out of a few large factories. We are spread out amongst close to 700 facilities. Most don't have a clue about organizing efforts and no one is showing up to tell them. The Teamsters certainly aren't. Thus it's mathematically impossible to achieve your goals. And the company certainly knows it which is why they can act with impunity now. It's checkmate, and you're either going to have to recognize that or go through life totally deluded. What's sad is no one can state the obvious without being attacked as some kind of company shill. The difference between us and those groups you named is they are able to organize, we aren't due to the RLA.

MAKAVELI

Lets start with many grocery workers, hospitality, truck drivers, government workers, farm workers, flight attendants just to name a few. And no FedEx couldn't just fire workers on strike unless it is explicitly forbidden in the contract, or due to job classification rules such as public safety. You really need to stop spreading misinformation.

Where are the strikes for all those you named? I worked at a supermarket for 4 years. They don't make that much. Why aren't they striking? We're talking about organizing, then striking to get something comparable to UPS. Are any of those groups making that kind of pay with those kind of benefits? I can say this until I'm blue in the face but it doesn't register with some here. We should do better than we are. We need a union to do better because if anything FedEx is eliminating the raises we've gotten in recent years by cutting hours. But under the RLA it just isn't going to happen and the people who could make it happen, Congressional Democrats, can only do it if they are in complete control of Congress and the White House. And they were bought off when they were in control. We don't work out of a few large factories. We are spread out amongst close to 700 facilities. Most don't have a clue about organizing efforts and no one is showing up to tell them. The Teamsters certainly aren't. Thus it's mathematically impossible to achieve your goals. And the company certainly knows it which is why they can act with impunity now. It's checkmate, and you're either going to have to recognize that or go through life totally deluded. What's sad is no one can state the obvious without being attacked as some kind of company shill. The difference between us and those groups you named is they are able to organize, we aren't due to the RLA.
Union workers earn better wages, benefits, and working conditions than their non union counterpart, period. Grocery workers are not making $40 hour because they are " grocery workers". But the union shops earn more than non union. I don't know about where you live, but out here in the west they have went on strike. Just because you have given up hope on change doesn't make it impossible. Just because you say it won't happen doesn't mean it's written in stone. Are the cards stacked against us? Yes they are. But that would be true for just about any company. The only people who are delusional are the ones who have given up on life and believe they have no control of their future.

vantexan

Union workers earn better wages, benefits, and working conditions than their non union counterpart, period. Grocery workers are not making $40 hour because they are " grocery workers". But the union shops earn more than non union. I don't know about where you live, but out here in the west they have went on strike. Just because you have given up hope on change doesn't make it impossible. Just because you say it won't happen doesn't mean it's written in stone. Are the cards stacked against us? Yes they are. But that would be true for just about any company. The only people who are delusional are the ones who have given up on life and believe they have no control of their future.

Like I said, deluded. Those groups cited weren't under anything like the RLA when they organized and they had a union actively working to organize them. And they could organize locally. Where is our union? Should tell you all you need to know about our chances. It's not giving up on life, it's facing reality. And my reality tells me there are better alternatives in life than working for a company that treats us like this.

MAKAVELI

Like I said, deluded. Those groups cited weren't under anything like the RLA when they organized and they had a union actively working to organize them. And they could organize locally. Where is our union? Should tell you all you need to know about our chances. It's not giving up on life, it's facing reality. And my reality tells me there are better alternatives in life than working for a company that treats us like this.
Than why don't you leave for one of those " better alternatives"? Because you have given up. Your " reality" is nothing but self-pity.

vantexan

Than why don't you leave for one of those " better alternatives"? Because you have given up. Your " reality" is nothing but self-pity.

When you have no argument you get personal. I'm leaving just as fast as I can. Hope to be gone next year. Unfortunately they didn't top me out in 7 to 8 years as promised so have to work a bit longer.

vantexan

Like I said, self-pity.

Like I said, deluded. I'm looking forward to moving on. Downright tickled. And if anything weird were to happen, like losing my job, my plans will still happen when my pension starts. That's 3.5 years. And will be sharing my future with a wonderful lady. Hard work pays off!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Some drama queens like to be the center of attention.

I think there is a fundamental disconnect between his Republican beliefs and the treatment he's been receiving from FedEx. He works his ass off, always gets :censored2: on, and still is stuck in the same place. And he keeps right on giving them 110%. I don't get that...at all. GOP dogma says that your "hard work will be rewarded"...but his isn't, and it's impossible to reconcile the conflicting ideals.

I don't think van is being a "drama queen", but I do think he is seriously misguided. As always, I agree to disagree with him because even though I don't understand his philosophy, it's his right to do what HE thinks is right. In other words, I respect his right to be wrong.

MAKAVELI

Some drama queens like to be the center of attention.

I think there is a fundamental disconnect between his Republican beliefs and the treatment he's been receiving from FedEx. He works his ass off, always gets :censored2: on, and still is stuck in the same place. And he keeps right on giving them 110%. I don't get that...at all. GOP dogma says that your "hard work will be rewarded"...but his isn't, and it's impossible to reconcile the conflicting ideals.

I don't think van is being a "drama queen", but I do think he is seriously misguided. As always, I agree to disagree with him because even though I don't understand his philosophy, it's his right to do what HE thinks is right. In other words, I respect his right to be wrong.
You ever heard the saying " misery loves company"? I think this is where he is at in his life. If he can't have what he thinks he deserves, than none of us should. I mean if I was that close to retirement, I wouldn't be spending my time on a forum trying to convince others that their hope for change is futile and no one should try because it's not going benefit anyone. Especially him because he will be long gone and forced to live outside the US because FedEx didn't reward him for his hard work like they promised. He is the definition of a " drama queen".

vantexan

You ever heard the saying " misery loves company"? I think this is where he is at in his life. If he can't have what he thinks he deserves, than none of us should. I mean if I was that close to retirement, I wouldn't be spending my time on a forum trying to convince others that their hope for change is futile and no one should try because it's not going benefit anyone. Especially him because he will be long gone and forced to live outside the US because FedEx didn't reward him for his hard work like they promised. He is the definition of a " drama queen".

I don't believe in giving others false hope. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating the obvious. If you choose to delude yourself, go ahead, it's a free country. And I'd still live outside the country even if my pension was $4000 a month. Great weather, great scenery, great food, great people. And affordable. That's the message I prefer to get out here, that FedEx has fixed things to where you won't get rewarded, but sacrifice, save, invest, and you can still have a good life in another country. This country is poisoned between corporate greed and extremist policies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't believe in giving others false hope. I'm not trying to convince anyone, just stating the obvious. If you choose to delude yourself, go ahead, it's a free country. And I'd still live outside the country even if my pension was $4000 a month. Great weather, great scenery, great food, great people. And affordable. That's the message I prefer to get out here, that FedEx has fixed things to where you won't get rewarded, but sacrifice, save, invest, and you can still have a good life in another country. This country is poisoned between corporate greed and extremist policies.

But the corporate greed and extremist policies you decry come straight from the altar at which you worship...the GOP. I can definitely see retiring in another country, especially if you are single and have no kids or strong ties in the US. I'm a huge fan of Andrew McCarthy and Anthony Bourdain, who are definitely elite travelers, but give the rest of us a view of what like life outside the US is like. I just hope the "great woman" you found isn't some Phillipines scammer looking for a Sugar Daddy.

vantexan

But the corporate greed and extremist policies you decry come straight from the altar at which you worship...the GOP. I can definitely see retiring in another country, especially if you are single and have no kids or strong ties in the US. I'm a huge fan of Andrew McCarthy and Anthony Bourdain, who are definitely elite travelers, but give the rest of us a view of what like life outside the US is like. I just hope the "great woman" you found isn't some Phillipines scammer looking for a Sugar Daddy.

No, the great woman is my age, used to date her in college, reconnected after 31 years on Facebook. Corporate greed=GOP, mostly true. Extremist policies=Democrats, mostly true.

MAKAVELI

No, the great woman is my age, used to date her in college, reconnected after 31 years on Facebook. Corporate greed=GOP, mostly true. Extremist policies=Democrats, mostly true.
I'll take extremist policies over corporate greed any day. Somebody has to keep the right wing nut jobs in check.

vantexan

I'll take extremist policies over corporate greed any day. Somebody has to keep the right wing nut jobs in check.

Those extremist policies are keeping the economy from expanding with better opportunities for the average guy. That allows the corporations to dictate low pay and few, if any, benefits and keeps millions out of work. Which limits the tax base and puts us ever closer to fiscal disaster with the Dems printing money. Deluded, totally deluded.