Pushed by supervisor

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
What is this society coming to? Someone touches you, you touch him back by planting him on his ass!
Especially if there are witnesses, you have self defense on your side and he won't come near you again. stand up for yourself

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What is this society coming to? Someone touches you, you touch him back by planting him on his ass!
Especially if there are witnesses, you have self defense on your side and he won't come near you again. stand up for yourself
Be the professional that you are and handle it accordingly, the correct way. Two wrongs don't make a right, they (should) lead to two terminations. The sup didn't go full out on the guy, he pushed him and the driver did the correct thing by notifying UPS. The sup should be terminated and set as an example for UPS zero tolerance stance. By not terminating the sup they show they don't value safety of the employees and welcome a law suit when another issue like this happens.

Edit I'd like to add I value my job more then this unprofessional sup that obviously shouldn't be working around people. I won't let him get under my skin like UPS got undr his, obviously unable to handle the pressure.

S

splozi

If anyone touched me in a threatening manner at work, I would not hesitate to respond with physical hostility. Not doing so is like waiting to be shot before fighting back.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Guys, when someone simply pushes you and you decide to go all Patrick Swayze roadhouse-ripping-hearts-out and stuff, that would classified as unjustified retaliation.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Guys, when someone simply pushes you and you decide to go all Patrick Swayze roadhouse-ripping-hearts-out and stuff, that would classified as unjustified retaliation.

What if I push him back and it escalates from there? I never said I was going to stab someone if I am pushed

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
What if I push him back and it escalates from there? I never said I was going to stab someone if I am pushed
You have to protect yourself with reasonable self restraint if that's the case. The point I was saying is it shouldn't get to that point if you don't retaliate with physical force.

W

want to retire

I have seen hourlies fired(on the spot)(it stuck) for just suggesting(casually) to a third party......harm.......just talking. It is UNBELIEVABLE that the sup was not fired on the spot. I would have at least (very least) called 911. To add thought to the discussion......what would happen if an hourly pushed a customer? We all know.

kingOFchester

I am a pretty easy going guy. Had it been me, I would of probably handled it the same way as the OP. UPS decides to keep sup then I would request a sit down with UNION representation and put UPS on notice that I would purse all possible avenues including civil claims and criminal charges if ANYONE puts as much as a finger on me. And if there is a next time I would not be coming again with a steward but rather with council.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

restraining order is an official command issued by a court to refrain from certain activity. Restraining orders are sought by plaintiffs in a wide variety of instances for the same reason: the plaintiff wishes to prevent the defendant from doing something that he or she has threatened. Restraining orders are used in a variety of contexts, including employment disputes, Copyright infringement, and cases of harassment, domestic abuse, and Stalking. All restraining orders begin with an application to the court, which decides the merits of the request by using a traditional test. Limited in their duration and effect, restraining orders are distinguished from the more lasting form of court intervention called an injunction. Generally they are sought as a form of immediate relief while a plaintiff pursues a permanent injunction.

I am fully aware of what a restraining order is. My ? was don't you think a restraining order is over the top?

Buck Fifty

Lets take a vote.

1. Get a lawyer to send UPS a letter.

2. Let it go at that.

3. Find out where he hangs out and call in a favor.

4. All of the Above !

Last edited by a moderator:

hiro

It seems strange that he wasn't terminated. We had a sup here terminated for just putting his finger on an employee's chest, and deservedly so. I've also seen two female loaders get in a physical fight, and both lost there jobs.

Buck Fifty

It seems strange that he wasn't terminated. We had a sup here terminated for just putting his finger on an employee's chest, and deservedly so. I've also seen two female loaders get in a physical fight, and both lost there jobs.

Tell us more about the 2 girls, please sir.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How so? I know that Un-provoked fighting is a fire able offense, but if someone assaults me, then my retaliation is one which was provoked

I've never heard of two union employees exchanging physical aggression without both of them getting fired.
At least in the last 30 years ... once everything started getting PC.