Pushed by supervisor

DS

Fenderbender
I'm a 27 year ups pkg driver and i got pushed by a on road sup. When he pushed me i ended up falling into another driver. Five witnesses have given written statements to HR and after almost a month gave the sup. a 2 day suspension. I told them i wanted him fired because he did it intentionally did it. They refused and also won't transfer him. I also reported to the 800 hot line and no response. This is not the first run in with him... Where do I go from here ??? I also told UPS that i'm not safe there and it is a hostile environment for me. Also UPS has a zero tolerance for workplace violence.......

Lets put things in perspective here.
Nobody just pushes someone without provocation.
What did you say to make him do this?
I've seen drivers snap many times.
Even an overworked,under appreciated sup can make a mistake.
So he pushed you.Big deal.
The guy is under pressure just like you.
Why not swallow your pride and talk to him privately.
Make peace ,use the 27 years experience of dealing with customers
to turn this around.Wanting him fired is excessive considering he most
likely has a family and a mortgage just like you.
You will both sleep better.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
it doesnt cost anything to hold a grudge. Let him know, next time its over. He can take that how he wants. I cant believe what has happened, this never would have happened a few yrs back.

DS

Fenderbender
Policy is not a dumb rule that is applied unilaterally ... a Policy is an over-arching guideline that drives decision making, actions and tactics. It allows for thoughtful consideration in implementation.
I know this is not a thought process found in the Teamster's Union and consequently the employees it represents.
:tantrumsmiley:
Hrumppphhh

So while UPS implementing their policy, arching-over,
they decide us hourlies are just thoughtless and inconsiderate.
Unilaterally,we are a humble bunch.
Get rid of the teamsters,go private again,and I'll give you sales leads.

W

want to retire

Lets put things in perspective here.
Nobody just pushes someone without provocation.
What did you say to make him do this?
I've seen drivers snap many times.
Even an overworked,under appreciated sup can make a mistake.
So he pushed you.Big deal.
The guy is under pressure just like you.
Why not swallow your pride and talk to him privately.
Make peace ,use the 27 years experience of dealing with customers
to turn this around.Wanting him fired is excessive considering he most
likely has a family and a mortgage just like you.
You will both sleep better.

This is TOTAL BS. I was assaulted long ago in the eighties(fellow hourly put his hands on my neck)(I did not retaliate)(I went straight to mgt. and reported it)(there were no witnesses). I went through weeks of lie detector test, interviews and all.......Result.......nothing. His word, my word.....that's it. Union would NOT put two hourlies against each other. Result? My guy got promoted within the region...$$$$$. So, ever happens to me again and anything where my rights or priveleges are violated.........I will speak LOUDLY throughout the company until a just remedy. This includes the person being fined, jailed , terminated or otherwise. I expect this of myself as well. There is alot of BS that goes down at UPS(both sides). THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANY MGT PERSON(OR HOURLY) EVER TOUCHING ANYONE. PERIOD. I don't know what happened between these two( and the op is not saying, although it doesn't really matter)(it is another matter, that could have reprocussions). NO MATTER.... SEE ABOVE

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with DS. We have no idea what the OP did, if anything, to provoke the sup. There is no excuse for an employee to put their hands on another employee but it does sound as though this was a minor incident which would best be worked out without escalating it or involving outside agencies/authorities.

rocket man

I'm a 27 year ups pkg driver and i got pushed by a on road sup. When he pushed me i ended up falling into another driver. Five witnesses have given written statements to HR and after almost a month gave the sup. a 2 day suspension. I told them i wanted him fired because he did it intentionally did it. They refused and also won't transfer him. I also reported to the 800 hot line and no response. This is not the first run in with him... Where do I go from here ??? I also told UPS that i'm not safe there and it is a hostile environment for me. Also UPS has a zero tolerance for workplace violence.......
very easy

5th Wheel

Our center had an issue...sup was onto an hourly....greivences filed several times...nothing done...a few weeks later hourly goes out to his car gets a crow bar hits the sup in back of head and chases him through the building ..Lucky the sup did not get killed. If you sweep it under the carpet it is bound to explode