Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I wish you well. We had more people like you it won't be so messed up. Use it or lose it. I don't know what kind of center you work in. Remember you have no protection. I'll send a prayer out for one of the good guys.

As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.
Think long and hard about this. My current on car was a driver. He thought he could be a problem solver. Now he's part of the problem. Good luck

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to there fullest and should be.
Wow dude lol. Cant believe that. You sure your ready for that shady stuff they stand for? Just remember 1 man cant change this place. I couldnt ever do it. It would be like me being a cop and stopping somebody for something ive done before or still do, id be a hypocrite. I just couldnt tell a driver after being a driver, something i know is impossible or just not right especially if i truly know in my heart, mind and soul its not right or i just cant represent it and dont believe in it. But with that being said, we all wish you good luck and were sure you could do the job. If you can drive you can do just about anything within this company. Just think about it and ask yourself is it really worth it, the things you have to sacrifice going into management. Everybody is built differently mentally, im just not that person whos willing to sellout who i am and what i believe in for this company's shady, dishonest, no care in the world for its employees game. Like i said think it over good big fella and make the decision you feel comfortable with in your mind, body and soul cause its a big decision dude.;)

trickpony1

After all you've been through do you really need the drama?

You've seen the umpteen posts on this forum about how going into management now isn't like it was long ago. You won't retire a multi-millionaire.

Think about it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think I speak for everyone here when I say we don't mean to come off as bashing you. Just really be 100% on this.

With the quality of management now days and lack of suitable FT replacements I think the management gig is something that will still be there for you 2,3,4 years down the road if need be. This isn't anything you need to jump on ASAP.

Overpaid Union Thug

Please think about this more. You WILL have to do the very dishonest things that you've witnessed your supervisors do over the years or risk a demotion/termination should you chose to do whats right over what will produce better numbers. I am being nothing but sincere and logical while making this statement. And if you really think your education and skill sets aren't being used adequately you would be better off finding another company to work for. One that doesn't require that you put aside morals for numbers. Success in UPS management isn't about skill and determination. It's about meeting a metric....even if it requires lying. I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY in my center. And I haven't met an on car sup yet that didn't tell me they regret going into management.

But if you are sure about this at least try and go into HR, Security/Loss Prevention, Sales, or something else that doesn't require the same level of dishonesty as package operations.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Exactly, if your not on their TEAM and call them out on things they will make your life a living hell. But if you go into supervision and have a master FBI plan to get the evidence and documents to be the whistleblower and sell these jerks out and get paid, then i say go for it. Oh dont laugh, its a deviant plan that an intelligent person may have, to come up with a master plan of CASHING OUT because of the company's dishonesty, lies and constant cover up, it could happen. You never know a persons true intentions even if you think you know that person like the back of your hand. Could happen and would probably be easy to set them up for the kill lol.

trickpony1

Considering that you have just gone through a divorce and are facing the stresses of peak season in pkg cars, I have one question.

Is this a "rebound" response that you will regret later?

UPSGUY72

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we don't mean to come off as bashing you. Just really be 100% on this.

With the quality of management now days and lack of suitable FT replacements I think the management gig is something that will still be there for you 2,3,4 years down the road if need be. This isn't anything you need to jump on ASAP.

Thanks I have been thinking about it for a couple of years and I feel this is the time to make the jump. Everyone has there opinion and are entitled to them. I take no offense to anything thing people say. Yes there are really good management personal that have people skills and other that are just well you know. I'm looking to be one with people skills....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Please think about this more. You WILL have to do the very dishonest things that you've witnessed your supervisors do over the years or risk a demotion/termination should you chose to do whats right over what will produce better numbers. I am being nothing but sincere and logical while making this statement. And if you really think your education and skill sets aren't being used adequately you would be better off finding another company to work for. One that doesn't require that you put aside morals for numbers. Success in UPS management isn't about skill and determination. It's about meeting a metric....even if it requires lying. I see it EVERY SINGLE DAY in my center. And I haven't met an on car sup yet that didn't tell me they regret going into management.

But if you are sure about this at least try and go into HR, Security/Loss Prevention, Sales, or something else that doesn't require the same level of dishonesty as package operations.
Couldnt have said it better. Their master game is MENTALLY HYPNOTIZING the supes and plenty of people have fallen into their trap. Some people are easily mentally hypnotized once their trapped in that job and dont think they dont know this either. The funny thing is these people have been hypnotized and they dont even realize it, even though its obvious to those that around them, that i think is funny as hell. Id hate to see it though honestly cause i think and know that he is a good person and i like him, i think hes a cool dude. Hes shown his realness with us with some of the things he confided in us, about some of the things that have happened in his life, and with total strangers at that with most of us. I for one hope he doesnt do it honestly, i think he will regret it really like most of us think also.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks I have been thinking about it for a couple of years and I feel this is the time to make the jump. Everyone has there opinion and are entitled to them. I take no offense to anything thing people say. Yes there are really good management personal that have people skills and other that are just well you know. I'm looking to be one with people skills....
Yeah it's less about you and more about what this company had become.

I've had 3 good sups in my years.

#1 stuck as a driver sup because he won't do the shady stuff to move up.

#2 center manager has been shipped all over because he refuses to just do as he's told and runs a center how he sees fit. Rumor is he could be looking at move #5 in 6 years.

#3 center manager moved out of operations when he refused to do the unethical stuff they asked of him to "fix the center"

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Considering that you have just gone through a divorce and are facing the stresses of peak season in pkg cars, I have one question.

Is this a "rebound" response that you will regret later?
Yeah, dont do it. There is absolutely nothing positive about mgmt.. i was just trying to be postive. Less money, more hours, pay for your healthcare. One man cant change the mindset of the company. But a bunch of hourly can. I was a sup albeit, pt, but they beat the dog sh** out of me, and your options.....suck it up or leave......