Putting in My Letter of Intent

Catatonic

Nine Lives
More like.....

How dare you suggest that our policy is causing services failures!?!! Oh you have a "solution"!?!?!? Thanks but no thanks. And next time you try and fix anything you better be ready to pack your bags, put the house up for sale, and yank the kids out of school because you will be transferred.
Wut?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
if you are a good human being then don't do it. in my 25 years i have seen dozens of managers that have started out great and then slowly lost their self respect, self esteem, integrity, sanity, and all other good traits. i am not joking.

the real good ones do not last. they either quit , have a nervous breakdown , or go out on stress leave at the least.

but to be fair there are a few that can make it. not sure what the percentage is but it has to be less than 5 %. you have to be an extra-ordinary human being to be in this category. in my years i have only known 2 or 3 .

good luck with with decision.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
if you are a good human being then don't do it. in my 25 years i have seen dozens of managers that have started out great and then slowly lost their self respect, self esteem, integrity, sanity, and all other good traits. i am not joking.

the real good ones do not last. they either quit , have a nervous breakdown , or go out on stress leave at the least.

but to be fair there are a few that can make it. not sure what the percentage is but it has to be less than 5 %. you have to be an extra-ordinary human being to be in this category. in my years i have only known 2 or 3 .

In regards to your last few sentences... What % of the ones who make it get lucky...I have never seen anyone in HR, automotive, sales, pe, god help them IE, Feeder go out on stress leave... But in package I have seen many...what does this say about this company..

UPSGUY72

I totally understand that going into management is not for everyone. However there are a lot more opportunities in management that just ORS, center manager or DM but you need to get your foot in the door for those opportunities to open up. Also you need to understand what most management jobs really are. They are managing operations not trying to invent a new and improved wheel.

oldngray

nowhere special
I totally understand that going into management is not for everyone. However there are a lot more opportunities in management that just ORS, center manager or DM but you need to get your foot in the door for those opportunities to open up. Also you need to understand what most management jobs really are. They are managing operations not trying to invent a new and improved wheel.

Do you think you can get one of those other management jobs? They are a lot different from Operations. Even a @Monkey Butt can do them.

UPSGUY72

Childish. It only tells her friends, if you are that bad then she sucks to have picked you. Hopefully it blows over for you, til then it just blows.
I wish my husband would go with his friends, it makes for everyones happiness, to have a little me time. But we dont have kids at home. But if we did, I would want him to go. I never got that selfish little bi**^ mentality. ME< ME < ME.
Be calm and comforting to the kids, dont belittle her like she does you. Just tell them, moms upset, it will be ok, trust me they will remember. I have proof, they are 38 and 42. And it wasnt til a few years back, they asked. "I heard Dad did this and that" why didnt you ever tell us? Because you were a child and didnt need to deal with it.

Thanks for the advise. It's easier said than done but I'm trying my hardest to take the higher ground.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Back in the day you could be in operations and move into other areas or go into a "special assignment " for 6 months.. Now you would never see an Onroad go into other areas of ups and I have also seen them hire very young " kids" at the center manager level while they have a bunch of 20-25 year guys as on cars who have much more experience... What does that tell you. I think people on here aren't trying to tell you what to do because they don't understand.. I think they are harping on you because you are a member of this community... An online friend and they care about you... That should make you feel good..if they didn't care they wouldn't be making such a stink

Last edited:

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Like other drivers that made the switch it will be refreshing to the drivers in your group,for about a year. Then you go through "the change" and at around year number Two,you are just like every other member of management.

Please,prove me wrong.
I've seen a few drivers make the switch and the timeline is as I described.

UPSGUY72

Back in the day you could be in operations and move into other areas or go into a "special assignment " for 6 months.. Now you would never see an Onroad go into other areas of ups and I have also seen them hire very young " kids" at the center manager level while they have a bunch of 20-25 year guys as on cars who have much more experience... What does that tell you. I think people on here aren't trying to tell you what to do because they don't understand.. I think they are harping on you because you are a member of this community... An online friend and they care about you... That should make you feel good..if they didn't care they wouldn't be making such a stink

The problem is that most drivers either don't have the education or skills to be a manager or have the skills and education but are just comfortable doing what they are doing.

I take all advise into consideration whether I agree or not I'll remember it. However that being said there are some people on BC that follow the misery like company idiom.