Putting in My Letter of Intent

oldngray

nowhere special
A college degree is overkill for 99% of the entry level jobs out there.
The real education begins once a person starts working.
What a college degree does is to give some assurance to the employer that the person can get things done, has some level of intelligence and can work within a structured environment.

Some of the dumbest people I met had Masters.
Some of the smartest did not have a high school degree.

I can't remember using anything I learned in college except writing and speaking skills. Everything else is high school at the highest.

A college degree shows someone is capable of learning but most of what you learn in college is useless in the real world. On the job training is always best but doesn't get enough respect.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Should have seen my car yesterday. 195 stops. 390 pieces. entire shelf of 7000 and

I wish mine looked like that yesterday after 45 stops. 195 stops 380 pieces crammed into an 8 cube. Entire 7000 and 8000 work piled in the aisle. Very fun day

The best part for a loader is when the car next to it is full. The supervisor comes down and says shove the excess in the car next to it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A college degree shows someone is capable of learning but most of what you learn in college is useless in the real world. On the job training is always best but doesn't get enough respect.
And the "learning" process is important.
It shows that the person:
Can apply themselves
Can accomplish short term goals
Can breakdown a larger task into smaller manageable pieces

Just getting a degree in 4 years or less is an accomplishment in itself.

All that carries over into the workplace.

P

pickup

But if you get into the right place in management, you get to use wonderful words like "paradigm" and "synergy". It's worth it, I tell you with all veracity.

clean hairy

Check out upsers and look at the people on the move.
Check out the ones who are featured that retired.
Some have hop scotched all over the country.
You could be the one of them.
Also, consider if within the probationary period they feel you are not working out, you are gone, no union to help you get your job back, and going back to pkg car.......
What would you do should that happen?

P

pickup

Also, consider if within the probationary period they feel you are not working out, you are gone, no union to help you get your job back, and going back to pkg car.......

Once you go into management, your probationary period never ends.

UPSGUY72

Should have seen my car yesterday. 195 stops. 390 pieces. entire shelf of 7000 and

I wish mine looked like that yesterday after 45 stops. 195 stops 380 pieces crammed into an 8 cube. Entire 7000 and 8000 work piled in the aisle. Very fun day

Monday I had 180 stops 250 pieces crammed into a 500. Drove 142 miles worked 10 hr 50 minutes that's with having a helper for 8 hrs which was 3 hr longer than they wanted me to have him...

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

Where I am they are desperate for on car sups.....they don't reject anyone willing to take the job.......and they are begging new hires to become on car sups

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What he is saying is go hide in your cave and never take any chances.
He never wears Nike, never goes for it.

Browntown2014

The problem is that most drivers either don't have the education or skills to be a manager or have the skills and education but are just comfortable doing what they are doing.

I take all advise into consideration whether I agree or not I'll remember it. However that being said there are some people on BC that follow the misery like company idiom.

Lol yes once again the scary "skills" it takes to be a manager.

UPSGUY72

ASVAB. That is all.

I took the AFAST test and passed it back in 1989 with no prior flight training. also when computers and the internet were't what they are today my recruiter gave me some old helicopter manual and said study. Which I think I looked at a or 2 times before the test. I basically had to wing it and passed with a very high score...