Putting in My Letter of Intent

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
1 of the things he doesnt understand is from everything ive been told by supes, is they can make you drive i believe up to 75 or 100 miles to work everyday 1 way if they transfer him to another center and if they need you to move any where in the country and they tell you, you have to go you have to move. Obviously they pay you to move but who the hell wants to deal with either of those factors, like really dude lol.
My center manager covers multiple centers an hour away.

Brownslave688

I've been told the lady who center manager's my old center is now in charge of 3 centers. I suppose since they haven't any power to make any decisions that is doable now.
Yep. center manager on road dispatch. All of their days are numbered. Writing is on the wall

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Its called everybody is on to their lies, dishonesty and blatant disregard for any type of integrity honestly. Its a no win going into supervision, everybody knows that. Ive had 2 driver supes ride with me in the last 2 years and they basically dropped the bomb and said they hated it, wish they had never did it and they cant wait til the nightmare is over. When they went into it they said it wasnt that bad but now its just down right ridiculous. The only thing they like about it is not getting killed physically anymore, but they would rather get beat physically than mentally any day of the week.
dude this guy didnt want any real advice. he had already made up his mind before posting this thread.

what we should do is have a poll for how long it takes for him to come back here complaining what a mistake he made for going to the dark side.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.
tumblr_ngebhuAt8d1qjgyvoo1_500.gif

newfie

Yes I have made my decision and I will have to live with that. I don't think anyone is stupid we all have are opinions and just because we disagree doesn't mean your opinion is right or wrong they are opinions unless you actually done the job..

you've been in the military, you'll do ok. good luck

UPSGUY72

Every driver I know who hopped to the other side are miserable , depressed and wished they never did it.

Greed was their choice.

Two were forced to relocate.

You better hope some upper management doesn't have a hard on for you already for past actions as a driver!

How many years driving you have?

Good luck your going to need it!

Not worried about management I have never been in the office getting spoken to. I'm also the go to driver as I know about 25 routes in the center I work in and over 30 in the 4 centers are local covers. I have a good working relationship with management and that doesn't mean I don't hold them to the contract...

Last edited:

UPSGUY72

You said you are trying to get custody of your kids. A management position will reduce the number of hours you have to spend with them.
You start earlier, maybe get of later than you do now. You may have to work some weekends also.
Your stress will increase because you no longer have to worry about just yourself, you are responsible for 30-40 others, and their actions.
I understand that your education is underutilized, but is this the best way to change that? Maybe open a business on the side where one day you can leave UPS?
Exactly what do hope to accomplish by the move, and can this be accomplished better another way?
As some posters stated, you may be put into a position where you would be pressured to compromise your ethics.
As some suggested, rushing into a life changing career choice may not be best choice now. Your feelings on things may change in a few months and burning bridges may not be in your best interest.
These are some questions to answer before you make the move.
I am not trying to talk you out of it, as management is the best thing for some people, you need to make sure that you are one of those people.
Pray on it. Talk to others who have made the choice you are contemplating. Most on cars I have spoken to, and some managers, have regretted their decision. There is a good reason for that.
Good luck to you in whatever you decide.

Not worried about getting at least 50 / 50 physical custody of my kids it will happen probably not for a couple of years. Especially when my kids turn 13 and can make there own decision on who they want to live with..

Also I was not approached by management I approached my center manager and inquired about it myself..

UPSGUY72

1 of the things he doesnt understand is from everything ive been told by supes, is they can make you drive i believe up to 75 or 100 miles to work everyday 1 way if they transfer him to another center and if they need you to move any where in the country and they tell you, you have to go you have to move. Obviously they pay you to move but who the hell wants to deal with either of those factors, like really dude lol.

They don't force you to move any where in the country they keep you in your district and try to keep you with 50 miles of your home. Also a lot of the people you see move have applied for other jobs within the company although some do get moved by UPS...

trickpony1

They don't force you to move any where in the country they keep you in your district and try to keep you with 50 miles of your home. Also a lot of the people you see move have applied for other jobs within the company although some do get moved by UPS...

Someone has been blowing smoke up your (.......).
I know for a fact you're wrong.
I'd tell a story but it would identify my location.

Brownslave688

No they don't force you.

You could always just quit.

It's fine you're not her for any type of advice you made up your mind we get that. Just don't see the point in the thread.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Oh man, he really does believe HE will have a different experience and be the one to change the new ups management culture because he was a go to driver with area knowledge.

Wow. Yeah the game isn't what you're thinking when you cross that lined.

But I have a feeling you're about to be played....

UPSGUY72

No they don't force you.

You could always just quit.

It's fine you're not her for any type of advice you made up your mind we get that. Just don't see the point in the thread.

I have got a lot of advice from this thread on what to expect as a SUP. Whether it's good advise or bad is yet to be determined.