Putting in My Letter of Intent

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I have got a lot of advice from this thread on what to expect as a SUP. Whether it's good advise or bad is yet to be determined.

I wished you luck early on in this thread.

To everybody else, this is @upsguy72's life, and his decision to make. It may or may not be a good decision, but it is his.

Once again, I wish him all the luck in the world, and hope he sticks around and tells us how he makes out.

UPSGUY72

Oh man, he really does believe HE will have a different experience and be the one to change the new ups management culture because he was a go to driver with area knowledge.

Wow. Yeah the game isn't what you're thinking when you cross that lined.

But I have a feeling you're about to be played....

Wrong I'm not going to change anything that not what a ORS does. SUP's are responsible for helping make sure UPS strategic objective are met by making sure UPS policy, procedures and directives are followed...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have got a lot of advice from this thread on what to expect as a SUP. Whether it's good advise or bad is yet to be determined.
Gotcha. It's just a really odd thing to see anymore because by almost every measure there is it's a worse job than the one you currently have.

All of the sups I know with under 20 years in fit into 1 of two categories. FT driver who had two choices be fired or go into management or part timer that was coaxed into management very early in their career.

UPSGUY72

I wished you luck early on in this thread.

To everybody else, this is @upsguy72's life, and his decision to make. It may or may not be a good decision, but it is his.

Once again, I wish him all the luck in the world, and hope he sticks around and tells us how he makes out.

thanks again. I will be glad to update everyone on how I'm making out. That being I'm looking forward to the challenges that await me. I also expect things to be difficult at times just as beinga package car driver can be difficult at times....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The thing of it at the end that is the funniest part (not trying to be ignorant) is you me and everyone else know the TRAIN WRECK thats coming to you, the writing is on the wall and has been for years, so obvious and if someone cant see it then they truly are naive, unintelligent, brainwashed or just dont get it for some strange reason. The part you truly have to ask yourself is, am i willing to sellout to things you dont believe in or are physically impossible and or dishonest nature of the job? Just dont see how a former driver could tell his ex fellow drivers to do something or harass them over things that these same people harassed you and your former drivers over on a consistent basis. Youll be asked to do things you dont want to and harass drivers over fake numbers made to work against the drivers and to top it all off, ask your former driver buddies to go faster to meet their fake number metrics after THEY BEEN GETTING THE LIVING HELL BEAT OUT OF THEM FOR YEARS.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Wrong I'm not going to change anything that not what a ORS does. SUP's are responsible for helping make sure UPS strategic objective are met by making sure UPS policy, procedures and directives are followed...
Oh Jesus Christ , you already drank the kool aid?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had noooo idea what an on road does. I just thought they were the guys the DM yelled at for not grinding some useless metric that doesn't even help the driver take care of the customer the way ups used to and should.

You have some naivety about what role the ORS actually fulfill. I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed when you see what that job description you mentioned actually entails.

I'm pretty sure with everything you've publicly said that you have been going through that you sound like you in no shape emotionally for the level of stress you are about to be responsible for.

How many years do you have in? If it's under five, then yes be that ORS that executes the ups policy book. If over 5, well you're throwing away your career to be a paper report printer and reader.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

I'd also suggest and this isn't a sarcastic dig, but use the ups EAP program and seek out some genuine counseling before you make life changes like this. You've been through the ringer emotionally with custody/divorce. An objective outside voice might help you clear some things.

trickpony1

I'd also suggest and this isn't a sarcastic dig, but use the ups EAP program and seek out some genuine counseling before you make life changes like this. You've been through the ringer emotionally with custody/divorce. An objective outside voice might help you clear some things.

I agree.
It seems he is trying to prove something to someone (himself, his EX or his kids).
He seems to need validation.
He can go into management anytime but it seems it has to be right eff- ing now.
May be a mistake.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I agree.
It seems he is trying to prove something to someone (himself, his EX or his kids).
He seems to need validation.
He can go into management anytime but it seems it has to be right eff- ing now.
May be a mistake.
Yeah I caught that too. Trying too hard it seemed

UPSGUY72

Oh Jesus Christ , you already drank the kool aid?

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I had noooo idea what an on road does. I just thought they were the guys the DM yelled at for not grinding some useless metric that doesn't even help the driver take care of the customer the way ups used to and should.

You have some naivety about what role the ORS actually fulfill. I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed when you see what that job description you mentioned actually entails.

I'm pretty sure with everything you've publicly said that you have been going through that you sound like you in no shape emotionally for the level of stress you are about to be responsible for.

How many years do you have in? If it's under five, then yes be that ORS that executes the ups policy book. If over 5, well you're throwing away your career to be a paper report printer and reader.

Good luck. You're going to need it.

I know what the job actually entails I have talked to ORS. One thing it entails is doing a lot of baby sitting. Then there a lot of paper work to be done a long with reports to complete and figuring out how your going to make the numbers without stealing or falsifying records.

No not throwing my career away. Being a Package car driver was just another stepping stone for me at UPS...

UPSGUY72

I've been seeing a therapist for the past 6 months. Being a very refreshing and enlighten experience....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I know what the job actually entails I have talked to ORS. One thing it entails is doing a lot of baby sitting. Then there a lot of paper work to be done a long with reports to complete and figuring out how your going to make the numbers without stealing or falsifying records.

No not throwing my career away. Being a Package car driver was just another stepping stone for me at UPS...
Yeaaah .....talking to an ORS doesn't mean you actually "know" what the job entails.

Like I said, sounds very naive. Read what you just wrote. I can't count how many times I've seen drivers have to fix a management "mistake". You'll be a report printer and useless metric guy with stock options.

That's pretty much the role of the new ORS.

By The Book

Going back to your op I don't see a question in it, to anyone just a heads up. I would like to ask what is it about your education or skill sets that are not being used, and how will you apply these things in your new chapter with UPS? Not to be too picky but to read advice and advise in the same post, I'm sure they are supposed to mean the same thing?

UPSGUY72

Yeaaah .....talking to an ORS doesn't mean you actually "know" what the job entails.

Like I said, sounds very naive. Read what you just wrote. I can't count how many times I've seen drivers have to fix a management "mistake". You'll be a report printer and useless metric guy with stock options.

That's pretty much the role of the new ORS.

Well I suppose you know exactly what the job entails as you must have done it before.

I love it when people that have not a clue what someone jobs entails except what they see for 15 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night when they get back to the building suddenly become experts on what that person job entails and how much it sucks. Unless you have actually done the job you really don't know how much it sucks or not. Because just because it sucks for one person doesn't mean everyone the does the job is going to say it sucks.

I know some package car drivers that always say the jobs sucks however you don't see them quitting...

Misery loves company....

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Going back to your op I don't see a question in it, to anyone just a heads up. I would like to ask what is it about your education or skill sets that are not being used, and how will you apply these things in your new chapter with UPS? Not to be too picky but to read advice and advise in the same post, I'm sure they are supposed to mean the same thing?
I dont know bout the rest of you guys but as ive gotten older i run away from anything that even remotely pertains to stress in my life, forget that garbage fellas lol. I just wanna come to work n do my job without playing DAYS OF OUR LIVES and KINDERGARTEN COP. Why would anyone want unneeded stress in their life at that age after going through the stress of a divorce n kids up in the mix at that. Im not talking bad about him so thats not where im going with this, cause honestly i feel for our man that hes even had to deal with this BS with his ex wife, dont wish that on anyone.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Well I suppose you know exactly what the job entails as you must have done it before.

I love it when people that have not a clue what someone jobs entails except what they see for 15 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night when they get back to the building suddenly become experts on what that person job entails and how much it sucks. Unless you have actually done the job you really don't know how much it sucks or not. Because just because it sucks for one person doesn't mean everyone the does the job is going to say it sucks.

I know some package car drivers that always say the jobs sucks however you don't see them quitting...

Misery loves company....
MISERY LOVES MONEY AND SO DO I LMFAO

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I dont know bout the rest of you guys but as ive gotten older i run away from anything that even remotely pertains to stress in my life, forget that garbage fellas lol. I just wanna come to work n do my job without playing DAYS OF OUR LIVES and KINDERGARTEN COP. Why would anyone want unneeded stress in their life at that age after going through the stress of a divorce n kids up in the mix at that. Im not talking bad about him so thats not where im going with this, cause honestly i feel for our man that hes even had to deal with this BS with his ex wife, dont wish that on anyone.
Exactly. Less pay more hours worse benefits more stress.

Yeah sign me right up. Lmao nope.