Putting in My Letter of Intent

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was actually asked to be a driver sup about 2 years ago.

First words out my center manager mouth. "Now don't laugh but"

I couldn't help it I laughed.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I was actually asked to be a driver sup about 2 years ago.

First words out my center manager mouth. "Now don't laugh but"

I couldn't help it I laughed.
Supervisors at my center COULDNT HOLD MY JOCKSTRAP lol. Id run circles around these losers, their absolutely worthless. SEE PROBLEMS AND RUN AWAY LIKE A BITCH lmfao

Brownslave688

Supervisors at my center COULDNT HOLD MY JOCKSTRAP lol. Id run circles around these losers, their absolutely worthless. SEE PROBLEMS AND RUN AWAY LIKE A BITCH lmfao
I got one decent one and one that probably has to stop for a breather half way up the stairs to the office. Lmao

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
He knows theres no positives about going into management, hes just playing dumb. Which is kinda weird because thats exactly how the supes act now, play dumb as hell like their borderline freakin retarded lmfao.

Brownslave688

He knows theres no positives about going into management, hes just playing dumb. Which is kinda weird because thats exactly how the supes act now, play dumb as hell like their borderline freakin retarded lmfao.
Yeah. There's obviously a reason. We just are getting the rest of the story.

Returntosender

default-20.png_zpsewdq2aya.jpeg

DOK

As many of you know I have had some big changes happen in my life over the past 9 months. I have come to realize that when one door closes another one opens. After much thought over the past couple of months tonight I put the wheels in motion to cross to the other side and become part of management. Although I love driving the brown truck I feel that I have a education and other skill sets that are not being used to their fullest and should be.

Puppet on a string, good luck....

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
To an outsider it would look like a promotion, which would be a good thing. When a actually it is a lateral move, with more hours, less benefits, and no job protection. But.....some people may like it. I wish him the best.

To an outsider it would look like a promotion, which would be a good thing. When a actually it is a lateral move, with more hours, less benefits, and no job protection. But.....some people may like it. I wish him the best.
I get customers all the time asking me do I have enough time in to get into management. They always look puzzled when I tell them its not a promotion.

oldandcrabby

Nope I'm physically fit. Very healthy except for having type 2 diabetes and have have not physical injuries of any kind in the previous 24 years.

I wish you the best in your decision to go management.

With your type 2 diabetes how has your blood sugar control been with all of the stress you have been going through?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Well I suppose you know exactly what the job entails as you must have done it before.

I love it when people that have not a clue what someone jobs entails except what they see for 15 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night when they get back to the building suddenly become experts on what that person job entails and how much it sucks. Unless you have actually done the job you really don't know how much it sucks or not. Because just because it sucks for one person doesn't mean everyone the does the job is going to say it sucks.

I know some package car drivers that always say the jobs sucks however you don't see them quitting...

Misery loves company....

But YOU don't know what the job entails. You haven't done it yet. And you certainly sound like you haven't been at ups long to remember what it used to be.

If you were making this decision 20 years ago, I would of said go for it. But the management culture of that time is NOT the one that exists today. I absolutely know what that job used to be and exactly what it is today. I've seen a 37 year center manager retire early because he didn't agree with the "integrity" that ups was forcing on management. He saw how Orion was implemented and how they wanted him to instruct us to sheet packages in certain situations was wrong. He said that this wasn't the same culture he came up in.

Misery loves company. Yep. Being a driver, I get to leave a bad day at the gate as I walk out to go home. An ORS doesn't get that benefit. That "bad" day will get harped on to you by your center manager/DM to the point it now becomes a bad week.

You've got guys on here with 20 plus years here telling you that it's not the same gig it used to be. But you seem to "know" all about the job because you talked to an ORS? You're a driver too. And if you don't have much time in with ups, you should heed the advice others have said. Do YOU know what the job entails? How many hours have YOU spent in the office as an ORS?

Umm none. You haven't done the job you claim you know all about. Many of us haven't but we have been here a long time to know what it entails and see the BS it has become. That's the point.

The difference between when a drivers job sucks and when management's job sucks is we drivers get to leave it at the door and have a new day the next day.

Good luck. You absolutely will need it. Change isn't always good if it's a very bad decision. Don't just change something to change something. Especially something this big that will effect every part of your life whether you like it or not.

Orion inc.

I like turtles