Putting in My Letter of Intent

Brown_Star

Methods Man
I'm on page 24 CLOSE THIS THREAD its ridiculous! Have Fun in management and I'm going to work as instructed for the longer pay day!

3 points of contacts fellas!

Lata

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have never sought the approval of anyone for things I have done nor do I need validation from someone except myself. It's my life I only have to answer to one person in the end and that's MYSELF. If your living your life seeking approval or validation from other people for things you do you really need to re evaluate things.
Could you be doing it on a subconscious level maybe?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You me n everyone knows hes making a huge mistake. Its plain as day but its his decision. He probably could be good at the job, but we know how it is in management as weve seen it time and time again in our time here. Me n my supe buddy hang out all the time and are really good friends so ive heard many a many things that i wouldnt repeat to anyone that hes told me, of course out of respect for him. So i have more of an inside track as to what really goes on behind the scenes. Some of the stuff to be honest is just unbelievable. I thought on the outside looking in at the surface it was bad, you guys have no idea how low n dirty these idiots are, blew my mind really lol.
m-a-s-o-c-h-i-s-t

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You me n everyone knows hes making a huge mistake. Its plain as day but its his decision. He probably could be good at the job, but we know how it is in management as weve seen it time and time again in our time here. Me n my supe buddy hang out all the time and are really good friends so ive heard many a many things that i wouldnt repeat to anyone that hes told me, of course out of respect for him. So i have more of an inside track as to what really goes on behind the scenes. Some of the stuff to be honest is just unbelievable. I thought on the outside looking in at the surface it was bad, you guys have no idea how low n dirty these idiots are, blew my mind really lol.
I almost forgot about this it all happened so quick. Had a great evening oms that all of the drivers got along with and I think many considered him a friend.

They asked him to be a driver sup and he accepted. He lasted maybe 6 months. He told us. I just couldn't do the shady :censored2: and purposely screw you guys over the way they wanted me to. What they do is just wrong.

Up until that point I just had my suspicions but that pretty much confirmed it.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
And you remain in the dark?
And you remain in ignorance?
The management of today is not the management of your time or before.

Anyone with common sense and rationalization skills can see that.

I'm the type that learns off observation especially subtle observation.

And in that I conclude, anyone going into that gig thinking it's an upward move is fooling themselves.

It's not the management of your time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The management of today is not the management of your time or before.

Anyone with common sense and rationalization skills can see that.

I'm the type that learns off observation especially subtle observation.

And in that I conclude, anyone going into that gig thinking it's an upward move is fooling themselves.

It's not the management of your time.
Oh, I agree
But for some people it's still a go

Don't know if I would go now
I was in it for the money
and the variety in the job

There are other companies one can work for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Oh, I agree
But for some people it's still a go

Don't know if I would go now
I was in it for the money
and the variety in the job

There are other companies one can work for.
With his education and the fact that he was a part time sup and is so young I think @FrigidFTSup made the right move.

It's an amazing resume builder. I'll give him that. But a 40 year old driver with 15 years in. That's a head scratcher.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
It does happen and can in any area.

Absolutely.

I've seen it numerous times. Usually for several reasons.

There is a need for someone, and you're available. (whether you like it or not)

There is a need for someone, and your company loyality is being tested.

As a lower level management person, you have become a liability.

(ie: to many "Union involved issues") ;)

To assume it doesn't happen.... is a fallacy.

Trust me.

Change isn't always bad ?

Until, you contemplate retirement.

Just food for thought;

You might be vested in your Union pension plan....

But, you won't be eligible for benefits until "normal retirement age" because of

not satisfying the "minimum years" of requirement.

How about, that Company Pension Plan ?? What are their requirements ??

Will it be around ?

I would hope, those questions have been answered.

-Bug-

oldngray

nowhere special
With his education and the fact that he was a part time sup and is so young I think @FrigidFTSup made the right move.

It's an amazing resume builder. I'll give him that. But a 40 year old driver with 15 years in. That's a head scratcher.

Sup is a move for newer employees. Not really if you have years of working. Definitely not as good a job as it once was.

JL 0513

I've read several pages but ain't reading all 500+ posts. I'm assuming this is for an on car sup position? All I've seen is "management". You say you've been thinking about this a long time. How do you know that there's even an open position?

At UPS, driver is the top position. Ever notice how so many people are asked if they want to go into management while waiting to be a driver? Most say no. I was asked myself. Sure, you can make more as a center manager or upper management but who would ever want that? Obviously some do, but you have to give your whole life to it. You're never really off the clock. Way too much stress.

But I assume UPSguy is wanting on car sup. More hours, more stress, not more money or benefits. Only benefit is less physical activity.

I think one of the greatest things about being a driver is the very rear combination of white collar pay for blue collar responsibility. The only reason people generally accept lots of responsibility is for high pay. At UPS, drivers make as much as their immediate bosses. I don't know why you'd want more responsibility just because.

Also, this idea of using your brain more? Screw that. That's also an argument for more money. I like making a lot of money while not having to think much. I have 2 college degrees and abandoned that for driving. Not looking back.