Putting in My Letter of Intent

clean hairy

Ever wonder why there are so management positions open?
I doubt it is due strictly to retirements.
I believe we have seen where pt with only a few months in have been offered supervisor positions.
Just food for thought........

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I won't try to talk you out of it sir, but perhaps you could convince yourself.

UPS doesn't want there PT SUP to have experience they just want them to follow direction without asking questions.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/benefits-supervisor.336353/

You must be a yes person.. They like yes people to be SUP's that way they know they can tell them anything and they will do it..
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/loader-to-part-time-supervisor-worth-it.347471/

This is a question you should have asked before you got promoted.
That would have made sense. The problem is that everyone thinks that the grass is greener on the otherside.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/pt-supervisor-back-to-hourly.334831/

As I said if you want a long carer at UPS in management (ie FT SUP ,etc ) I would stay PT till you win a FT bid then put you name in for a Management position. Than again I would never go to the other side.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/part-time-sup-or-package-handler.346682/

Returntosender

I believe we have seen where pt with only a few months in have been offered supervisor positions.
We had 30 promotional moves in the last three months. Retirements, special assignments.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Oh, I agree
But for some people it's still a go

Don't know if I would go now
I was in it for the money
and the variety in the job

There are other companies one can work for.
Now thats what i call being honest, now stop acting like ups maagement and act like you dont know what the hell is going on, THAT GAME YOU PLAY AMIGO IS GETING OLD REAL QUICK lmfao.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I enjoy the game
and I still get a lot of bites
especially from Stoners

Yep, I can be a turd too!
200DCJVJIQY.gif

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have never scene that happen in my area. If someone is moved more that 50 miles they either applied or volunteered for the job. They also keep you in your district again unless you volunteer or apply for a job else where.
Ummm yeah... There's just one thing, the districts now are made up of multiple states... This isn't 1990 where every state was its own district...a move within the "district" could be 1000 miles away...

UPSGUY72

A lot of people have been retiring and there are a lot more that can retire at any time which means this is a good time to go into management as there will be a lot of opportunities to move up.

If you don't have a collage degree these days your not getting a FT management position.

Are you talking at PT union employees being offered PT SUP positions? That happens all the time. I haven't seen a PT SUP get offered a FT SUP position....

UPSGUY72

We all change are minds. I will admit I never thought I would want to be a part of management either at UPS or my other union jobs as I was comfortable doing what I was doing an getting paid well to do them. However at the same time I have always wanted to do something other than manual labor all my life, not that there is anything wrong with doing manual labor. Anyways it's been on my mind for a couple of years and this year I decided to pull the trigger.

UPSGUY72

I think one of the greatest things about being a driver is the very rear combination of white collar pay for blue collar responsibility. The only reason people generally accept lots of responsibility is for high pay. At UPS, drivers make as much as their immediate bosses. I don't know why you'd want more responsibility just because.

Yes it white collar pay for blue collar work but it's still manual labor that beats on your body daily. Most drivers that have been with UPS a long time have knee, hip, shoulder and or other joint problems that will never go away even with replacements.

I want to work smarter and not physically harder as I get older....