Putting in My Letter of Intent

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yes it white collar pay for blue collar work but it's still manual labor that beats on your body daily. Most drivers that have been with UPS a long time have knee, hip, shoulder and or other joint problems that will never go away even with replacements.

I want to work smarter and not physically harder as I get older....
It's not the work that gets to your body, it's the pace that they want it done and the company knows this but can't admit to it.. And our pitiful national union leaders choose to ignore the fact...I'm not going to be one of the suckers that fall in this trap

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ummm yeah... There's just one thing, the districts now are made up of multiple states... This isn't 1990 where every state was its own district...a move within the "district" could be 1000 miles away...
Pretty much a way to get rid of extra management....which they did

Anthonysg0113

A lot of people have been retiring and there are a lot more that can retire at any time which means this is a good time to go into management as there will be a lot of opportunities to move up.

If you don't have a collage degree these days your not getting a FT management position.

Are you talking at PT union employees being offered PT SUP positions? That happens all the time. I haven't seen a PT SUP get offered a FT SUP position....
That's the thing dude, when people think of working at UPS they don't think of management. They think of driving for brown. You might as well be a manager at Burger King, you'll get more respect.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Holy crap! Finally caught up. Ok go to management. I was thinking affter my 30. I'd give it a try. For my last 5 yrs. To reach age 55. I make it, I make it not. The drivers are the ones who I trust. With honest work. I will not do anything shady. Upsguy you need to decide which side to go. Because in the long run it will be your drivers who will make or break your up coming jump. Trust is your only issue. I know they "eat their own " . Good luck

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Yes it white collar pay for blue collar work but it's still manual labor that beats on your body daily. Most drivers that have been with UPS a long time have knee, hip, shoulder and or other joint problems that will never go away even with replacements.

I want to work smarter and not physically harder as I get older....

No most drivers who have been at ups a long time know how to work smart and play the game so they don't need those things. When you've been a driver for a long time you don't work physically harder, you work smarter.

You want to work "smarter" yet you're going to be an on road?

Have you not been paying attention to the ups management culture of the last 10 or so years?

Why do you think the old management guard is retiring in droves?

Like rats jumping off a sinking ship.

Anthonysg0113

No most drivers who have been at ups a long time know how to work smart and play the game so they don't need those things. When you've been a driver for a long time you don't work physically harder, you work smarter.

Have you not been paying attention to the ups management culture of the last 10 or so years?

But most guys going into driver sup jobs are thinking they are making a difference...go ahead... More room for people wanting driver jobs! [emoji6]

UPSGUY72

They are retiring because they can which is why most people retire....

By The Book

They are retiring because they can which is why most people retire....
Hard to argue with that logic. The day I retire will be sooner than I originally had planned, mostly due to the fact it's not fun anymore, as a driver. The days are way too long which strains the home life and beats you up physically. I'm just trying to put a bit more away, which is a benefit of long hours. If I was a 15 year driver with 20 years to go I would definitely feel trapped. I would try to change shifts, maybe a 22.3 job. Something less stressful, physical, and wouldn't lower my pension.