Putting in My Letter of Intent

UPSGUY72

They always falsify records. Its like 2 drivers going out with 2 different diads but 1 is a duplicate and diad is downloaded as a helper board and they split the route and have 2 trucks. 1 driver scans the barcode in his truck to document miles and to be on telematics while the other driver does not scan barcode and does not have telematics or mileage documented in another truck. It looks like 1 route with 1 driver and other driver as a helper. Like i said hiding routes but thats not dishonesty or integrity issues. And trust me i know first hand all about it, i see it all the time this time of the year, ill leave it at that not to criminalize anybody. You think their not going to ask you to participate in that shady dishonest game for 1 second dude? Your out of your mind if you say no, if your answer is no then you have already been MENTALLY HYNOTIZED hoss. I aint trying to dogg ya dude cause i like ya honestly and have respect for you like i do for everyone else on here except for 1 person lol, im just saying dude, your an intelligent guy you know the game man.

Thanks

clean hairy

1 point not brought up.
Once you cross to the other side, you will get ZERO respect from ALL the drivers in the building, and the ones you are over will most likely laugh in your face when you ask them to do something.
How will you handle a case of your Bosses instructing you to take disciplinary action against the Driver who runs the most overallowed?
AND, this specific Driver was one of your best friends when you were a driver?
Consider this: You are turning your back on your Co-workers, and then you will be over them. How do you think that will work out?
You know the crap they pull on the Drivers, and you want to become the one dealing out the crap on your former Co-workers????
Just me, but I would not be able to do that and sleep at night!
But, if doing this makes you happy, go for it!

UPSGUY72

I know having our job leaves not much time to get hours in even if instructing and at this point, you probably already make more than most entry level pilots do. My buddy flies AirEvac and only makes $55k.

You need to have 1500 to 2000 hrs to get a good corporate job and that basically because of the insurance company...

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
The only perks I see in mgmt is 1. No physical work. 2. Less hours. I know....I read all the time on here about 12-14 hr days in mgmt. That has never ever been the case in my center. In 29 yrs I only had maybe 2 out of 10 center mgrs that even worked 8 hrs. One even claimed his hours started when he woke up in the morning to justify going home at 3:30 every day. I just couldnt morally do it. UPS is too far gone to even think I could change the hostile work environment. As bad as I hurt when I get off work, there's no way in hell I would treat hard working people the way some are treated all because of a grudge over our pay rate.

UPSGUY72

1 point not brought up.
Once you cross to the other side, you will get ZERO respect from ALL the drivers in the building, and the ones you are over will most likely laugh in your face when you ask them to do something.
How will you handle a case of your Bosses instructing you to take disciplinary action against the Driver who runs the most overallowed?
Consider this: You are turning your back on your Co-workers, and then you will be over them. How do you think that will work out?
You know the crap they pull on the Drivers, and you want to become the one dealing out the crap on your former Co-workers????

We all make choices some people make good ones and other make bad ones. Not worried about what other people think of what I'm going to do. I'm going to a SUP with people skills most of the SUP I deal with have people skills there isn't a lot of problems between management and hourly there is a pretty good working relationship between them.

UPSGUY72

Come on dude your smarter than that brother, you know the game and the consequences. Youve been driving long enough to know the truth about everything weve all been saying all along.

The truth is that most of the people that say all the bad things about being a SUP haven't really a clue of what goes on or why things are done the way they are. This is also a good time to make the move as there are going to be some major changes at UPS over the next couple of years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Never make an important decision for at least one year after a serious life event. Such as a death or divorce. Give a few more months. The opportunity will still be there if u still want it.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The truth is that most of the people that say all the bad things about being a SUP haven't really a clue of what goes on or why things are done the way they are. This is also a good time to make the move as there are going to be some major changes at UPS over the next couple of years.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
1 point not brought up.
But, if doing this makes you happy, go for it!
Exactly, some things in life are blatantly obvious. Its obvious if you run your hand over fire long enough it will burn your hand. Weve all done stupid things in life and never got caught or have them come back in bite us in the butt. But the thing is, as you get older you realize those same gambles and chances you took while you were younger, just dont make sense as you get older and you know better not to do those things again or ever again. Some obvious things in life, some people repeat and then wonder why the temptation burned them. Some people learn and some people dont, just the truth thats all. In the end all you can do is stand behind them as good as possible as a friend, coworker or loved one. YOU CAN LEAD A HORSE TO WATER BUT YOU CANT ALWAYS MAKE THEM DRINK lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Be prepared to be called a second class citizen (I've personally heard it) and threatened with termination for not getting your numbers. All via a cowardly conference call of course. And you will be a chain smoker and age quickly from stress.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
image.jpeg

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And what changes are you talking about???

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
And what changes are you talking about???
Im not doubting him but i will say this though, probably changes maybe better for supes but not the drivers. Ive seen this train derailing for the last couple years, its never been worse than it is now for the employees. Dont believe for a second things will get better, maybe worse before better. But then again i did hear a recent rumor( WHICH I DONT BELIEVE) about a possible buyout coming. Their tired of paying a high wage for an old broken down car( DRIVER). Honestly from a business aspect it makes no sense to pay an old slow driver that much money to be less productive, been saying that for years now. But then again thats the companies MO, they would rather break you down with a work related injury and then take their chance in court of winning because thats their attitude WE CAN NOT BE DEFEATED BECAUSE WE HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOD lol.

UPSGUY72

Be prepared to be called a second class citizen (I've personally heard it) and threatened with termination for not getting your numbers. All via a cowardly conference call of course. And you will be a chain smoker and age quickly from stress.

Never smoked an hardly ever drink anymore. Also there is nothing more stressful then a now ex-wife that was trying to take your kids away from you for the past 6 months...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
After all you've been through do you really need the drama?

You've seen the umpteen posts on this forum about how going into management now isn't like it was long ago. You won't retire a multi-millionaire.

Think about it.

You cannot retire early as driver either....like it used to be..