QPR - Needs Improvement because manager lowered me down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I work in corner-niche area of ops where the people who are in charge of rating my performance have, honest to God, zero understanding of what I'm doing. I work hard all year and get high metrics on the objective stuff and have well trained people. They come in every time and bring that score way down. I fought it once, letting HR know, not much happened. I'm only a PT supe but will this matter if I apply for internal positions? I see from other forums in here that a lot of folks experience the UPS style injustice that I'm seeing! Sucks.......
Yep, management sucks in this regard.
The newest theory from consultants is that 20% of the workforce (regardless of what type of job) needs to be "improved" or "moved out the door".
This is all too common in Corporations.
The problem is that if you have 6 - 8 people working at disparate jobs within a payroll group, 2 of them need to be fired.
I have been in groups where 10 - 12 people are all high performers.
It's all a stupid azed silly game. I refused to go along with it and retired after a couple of years.
I know 2 people who were forced out and both are making more with better benefits.
It's all just a game.

Re-Raise

If your manager lowered you down it might make it difficult to get into other positions.

Depends on your flexibility.

I hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.