Qualify for FT?

SafetyFirst

If I bid a FT cover driver position, will my holidays and/or days off be paid at 8 hours FT rate while going through the qualifying process? ... or does that only happen once that process is successfully completed?

Also, is it the case that they won't be able to use me on the preload anymore when I bid that? ... or does this also not occur until the qualifying process is complete?

upschuck

We have cover drivers that bump back into their previous jobs all the time when there is not enough work for them to drive.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So it can actually be beneficial to be pt still in certain situations? Some work is better than no work

No. As a FT bid cover driver you are guaranteed to work every day and to get 8 hours of work. If volume is so low that there is no work for you your mgt team will let you double shift on the preload and metro----what normally happens is they will ask a senior driver to take the day so that you can work.

upschuck

Ours does----it is funny to watch him whine when he is sent out blind on a run he has never done.
That is how I learned most of the routes. After I learned that those should be the easiest days, because you are under no pressure to make SPORH, or any other metric. Just work hard, take it easy, be safe. As they always says, it goes on one stop at a time, it comes off one stops at a time.