Qualifying call

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Newbee, Jun 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Newbee

Newbee New Member

So far I have not found anyone on here discussing this conference call that's supposed to happen tomorrow. Apparently it's the final step to qualifying as a new driver I just wanted to know what to expect or how I should prepare for this. Has anyone heard of this?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

This is a relatively new part of the qualifying process. There is nothing you can tonight to prepare for it. Just listen to their questions carefully and tell them what they want to hear.

Congrats on qualifying.

3. Newbee

Newbee New Member

Thanks..it's been a long journey. They definitely don't make it easy for you

4. UpstateNYUPSer

No, they don't.

5. MC0493

MC0493 Active Member

Did mine back in May. Usually there is other managers and new employees on the call from your region. Basically you tell everyone a little about yourself, what your goals are with the company and usually answer some kind of safety related question. Then the various managers just ramble on for a while about stuff and you're done.

6. Lead Belly

Lead Belly BANNED

It's a bunch of company schill jargon. Just be quiet and try to be nice. I'm

7. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Tell us what kinds of BS they told you on the conference call!?

8. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

another quality conference call that someone thought up...and on BC we get the real feedback.

9. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

The folks in the Ivory Towers have to substantiate their jobs somehow plus these calls tend to bolster their self esteem.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. Dragon

Dragon Package Center Manager

Not really, just needed to fill in some cc time cause there was an open time frame!

11. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

Always something new/different with UPS.

12. You couldn't pay me to go through my packet again. The very next day I too my hours off helping two drivers lol

13. Keenj

Keenj Active Member

This must be brand new. I qualified end of April and I didn't have to do that. I was just told I qualified then got 3 days off since I was low man on the totem pole and they couldn't give me an 8 hour day.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

Did you tell them that you would be willing to work for hours on any of those 3 days?

15. Keenj

Keenj Active Member

Nah. I always can get work if I need to so I helped my old boss work on the natural gas well location he was doing. It was a nice break to sit in a backhoe with AC and a stereo and dig trenches all day. I kinda miss those days sometimes.

16. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

Who cares if he did or not?

You are just looking to chastise him for not being as hard of a worker as your or something. Lol pathetic dude I laugh at the guys like you in my center who bekieve they are the greatest ups driver to ever live...its funny to listen to them complain about how they "had" to skip lunch to get done lolololl losers

17. UpstateNYUPSer

Did you get paid under the table for those 3 days? If so, did you know that you can file for unemployment for the 3 days you didn't work at UPS?

18. Keenj

Keenj Active Member

The laws in my state make it so your first week on unemployment is uncompensated. And I got paid with a Kimber 1911 and 1000 rounds of 5.56mm so I think I came out on top.