Qualifying call

Newbee

So far I have not found anyone on here discussing this conference call that's supposed to happen tomorrow. Apparently it's the final step to qualifying as a new driver I just wanted to know what to expect or how I should prepare for this. Has anyone heard of this?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is a relatively new part of the qualifying process. There is nothing you can tonight to prepare for it. Just listen to their questions carefully and tell them what they want to hear.

Congrats on qualifying.

MC0493

Did mine back in May. Usually there is other managers and new employees on the call from your region. Basically you tell everyone a little about yourself, what your goals are with the company and usually answer some kind of safety related question. Then the various managers just ramble on for a while about stuff and you're done.

Keenj

This must be brand new. I qualified end of April and I didn't have to do that. I was just told I qualified then got 3 days off since I was low man on the totem pole and they couldn't give me an 8 hour day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This must be brand new. I qualified end of April and I didn't have to do that. I was just told I qualified then got 3 days off since I was low man on the totem pole and they couldn't give me an 8 hour day.

Did you tell them that you would be willing to work for hours on any of those 3 days?

Keenj

Did you tell them that you would be willing to work for hours on any of those 3 days?

Nah. I always can get work if I need to so I helped my old boss work on the natural gas well location he was doing. It was a nice break to sit in a backhoe with AC and a stereo and dig trenches all day. I kinda miss those days sometimes.

Dr.Brownz

Who cares if he did or not?

You are just looking to chastise him for not being as hard of a worker as your or something. Lol pathetic dude I laugh at the guys like you in my center who bekieve they are the greatest ups driver to ever live...its funny to listen to them complain about how they "had" to skip lunch to get done lolololl losers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nah. I always can get work if I need to so I helped my old boss work on the natural gas well location he was doing. It was a nice break to sit in a backhoe with AC and a stereo and dig trenches all day. I kinda miss those days sometimes.

Did you get paid under the table for those 3 days? If so, did you know that you can file for unemployment for the 3 days you didn't work at UPS?

Keenj

Did you get paid under the table for those 3 days? If so, did you know that you can file for unemployment for the 3 days you didn't work at UPS?

The laws in my state make it so your first week on unemployment is uncompensated. And I got paid with a Kimber 1911 and 1000 rounds of 5.56mm so I think I came out on top.