Question about bid sheet.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UrFellowUpser, Sep 8, 2016.

1. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Member

So I dont have to worry about a manual transmission when i take the road test?

Attached Files:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  2. hellfire

hellfire no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

Yes you do. They will find the :censored2:tiest oldest crap wagon in the center to test you in. Learn how to drive stick its a job requirement

3. By The Book

By The Book Well-Known Member

If your center only has automatics you may be in luck but no guarantees.

4. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Where does it state that?

5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Read line 3 over again there hotshot.

6. hellfire

No mention of manual or automatic, however, you can get it done by then and interesting enough nobody's gonna have the zika virus transmitted by this

7. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I see nothing in there about type of transmission. A good third of our cars are manual shift. You really need to learn what a clutch pedal is.

8. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

We just discussed it this morning. We only have automatics in our center. All are trained with autos

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Johney

Really....hmmm interesting what P600 is not a manual?

10. Johney

Again...P600? Whether they have them or not, P600 means manual transmission I assure you.

11. Johney

Whether you are trained,tested or certified on an automatic transmission you will be expected to know how to drive a manual....period.

12. They didn't care if the seasonal drivers knew how to drive a stick shift. The only part that sucked was , some of the regular drivers lost their truck during peak.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. hellfire

Good good

14. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Member

Just curious i do know how to drive a manual transmission. Been practicing in one with the preload sup for like 2 months now. Its been in a p1000 though

15. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Member

Hill starts and backing to the dock

16. StoptheAct1212

StoptheAct1212 Active Member

Even if you test on a automatic. One day you show up to drive. Your automatic is replaced with a stickshift.. now what....

Learn to drive stick....

17. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

How do you propose that they do that? It is nearly impossible to rent a vehicle of comparable size that has a manual transmission.

It has been at least 10-15 years since I have driven a stick. It would take me a few minutes to get used to it again.

My son told me that his roommate recently bought a new car that is manual transmission but did not know how to drive a stick. Thankfully I had the foresight to teach him and his sister how to drive a stick and he was able to show his roommate how to drive his new car in less than 15 minutes.

18. Johney

If there are any manual transmission cars in the op's ctr then this person needs to know how to drive a manual transmission.

19. UrFellowUpser

UrFellowUpser Member

Theres one driver in my hub that cant even drive a stick and they accommodated him with an automatic

20. ViewAskew

ViewAskew Active Member

Why is the orientation paid at $10.15? Is this new?