Question about bid sheet.

guyinthebrownbox

So this thread you ask if you should be worried about driving a stick shift. Another thread you ask how to turn the package car. Yet you say you know how to drive a stick and you have been practicing in the yard in a 1000. These are two very fundamental functions that would be easily acquired after maybe 10 minutes driving a package car.

Forgive me for being so harsh, but like others have said, it's time to put your big boy pants on. If these two issues legitimately give you issues already even after practicing, you are going to have a rough time out on your own with a full route. This job does require some critical thinking and the real world, in real time, doesn't wait for you to learn the fundamentals

PT Car Washer

It was nice as it was warm this week. Cruising around running misloads with the air on high. Crazy thing is we have a half dozen P 1000's red tagged but brought in rentals for three days for a one day spike in volume. Just goes to show me there are people a lot smarter then me running the company.

Retiree

The requirement for the road test is a manual transmission package car. If you pass the road test it makes no difference if you get assigned to a center with no automatics or all automatics.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The requirement for the road test is a manual transmission package car. If you pass the road test it makes no difference if you get assigned to a center with no automatics or all automatics.

There is no such requirement in my center and district as there are no manual transmission package cars left in our fleet.

Retiree

You personally know there are no manual transmission pkg cars in your ENTIRE District. So, you have been to EVERY center District wide and verified that? Oh yeah, I forget, you live in the BOG. LOL.

opey

If your center only has automatics you may be in luck but no guarantees.
My building only has automatics, still had to take the road test on a 30 year old manual turd with no power steering. Also, when you go to training class, you will take another road test, once again on a stick shift, and likely a bunch of people in the truck with you. Luckily i have been driving stick shifts literally since i learned to drive, because I often get sent to another building which the majority are stick shifts.

UrFellowUpser

So this thread you ask if you should be worried about driving a stick shift. Another thread you ask how to turn the package car. Yet you say you know how to drive a stick and you have been practicing in the yard in a 1000. These are two very fundamental functions that would be easily acquired after maybe 10 minutes driving a package car.

Forgive me for being so harsh, but like others have said, it's time to put your big boy pants on. If these two issues legitimately give you issues already even after practicing, you are going to have a rough time out on your own with a full route. This job does require some critical thinking and the real world, in real time, doesn't wait for you to learn the fundamentals
Driving in a parking lot is not much of a real simulation