Question about bidding

TheKid99

(I know you guys hate me :) )

Can you bid on ft jobs if you're seasonal?

40 full time driving jobs going up for bid next week.

I was told to bid by the driver manager.

I explained to him I am a seasonal handler but I was told to bid anyways.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
2014-08-07-20-40-12-1404174514.jpeg

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Full time driver slots are filled by the inside to out list posted in the first couple of months of the year and you needed to meet the requirements including usually 9 months or so as a seniority part timer. That being said if actual bids or a driver list are being posted sign them just in case they exhaust their lists and then get with your local hr staff to let them know you're interested.

AndUPSER

Usually you'll need 6 months to bid but just sign it if you meet the qualifications(21, can drive a stick, etc.) and see what happens.

I thought you said you was going to be an outside hire starting in September?

TheKid99

Usually you'll need 6 months to bid but just sign it if you meet the qualifications(21, can drive a stick, etc.) and see what happens.

I thought you said you was going to be an outside hire starting in September?

I'm going to be a temporary driver in September and possibly get hired off the street after peak but if I can bid ill rather do that.

AndUPSER

I'm going to be a temporary driver in September and possibly get hired off the street after peak but if I can bid ill rather do that.

That will honestly be your best bet. If you can go FT but get laid off, you can go back inside to get your 8 hours. Plus you'll have benefits. You can be temp driving on and off for a while.

UPSGUY72

(I know you guys hate me :) )

Can you bid on ft jobs if you're seasonal?

NO you have no seniority date as a seasonal employee you are not entitled to bid on any jobs.

40 full time driving jobs going up for bid next week.

It must be annual or biennial bidding time. These 40 positions are all currently filled by FT drivers. These are not 40 new driving positions. Those 40 driver will be bidding most likely the same route except for a few people that will switch.

I was told to bid by the driver manager.

What is a driver manager is this you supervisor or a union employee ? He or she is blowing smoke go ask the HR person that hired you or a steward in the building you work in for the truth.

I explained to him I am a seasonal handler but I was told to bid anyways.

barnyard

KTM rider
and instead of asking people on the internet, maybe try asking someone that actually works in your building and would actually know. Like maybe the shop steward.

Read more and post less

Cementups

Box Monkey
SIGN EVERY BID!!!!

If your building is hiring 40 drivers and only 30 insiders are interested then you could be the next interested party. They don't know you're interested unless you signed. Verbal means nothing.

Re-Raise

Yeah and I checked the seniority list there are only like 70 handlers at my hub and half are people who don't want to drive...

So the list you checked told you half the people don't want to drive? That is a very detailed list.

You are killing me man. A couple of threads ago you said you would be full-time driving after 6 months, starting in Sept.

I hate it when my heroes don't come through.

TheKid99

So the list you checked told you half the people don't want to drive? That is a very detailed list.

You are killing me man. A couple of threads ago you said you would be full-time driving after 6 months, starting in Sept.

I hate it when my heroes don't come through.

Noooooo, lol.

I said I was going to drive seasonal in sept and get hired off the street. Actually I were to be driving this month but it got pushed back. Now I'm finally going to HR Monday. Hopefully ill be filling out paperwork.

Re-Raise

Nooooo

The question you responded to in the other thread ... Was how long did it take you to become a driver?

You are talking about what you hope happens in the future

You are number 487 ...by my rough estimate... of new hires who were going to fly through the ranks since I started on this site 6 years ago. You are just my latest hero.

Re-Raise

Noooooo, lol.

I said I was going to drive seasonal in sept and get hired off the street. Actually I were to be driving this month but it got pushed back. Now I'm finally going to HR Monday. Hopefully ill be filling out paperwork.
Have you been to Integrad yet?