Question about bidding

Highwayman

Just sign the bid. If it gets down to you they will ask you. They are training many feeder drivers in our area so the package cars are hurting.

TheKid99

My sup said congrats to me I made the cut and that I'm getting sent to another center to be hired permanent.

He said they're trying to see if they need drivers but they definitely need people for the local sort.

I feel like I'm getting the run around.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My sup said congrats to me I made the cut and that I'm getting sent to another center to be hired permanent.

He said they're trying to see if they need drivers but they definitely need people for the local sort.

I feel like I'm getting the run around.
It's Sept 1st....even if you work every day from now until Oct 15th (and chances are...you won't), you won't make book before the free period starts. Of course you're getting the run around...welcome to UPS!! P.S....local sort generally gets less hours than preload.

You are getting hired as a PT package handler on the local sort in another center. But if you do a good enough job UPS will give you the chance to be a FT package car driver. Sometime, maybe.

Re-Raise

I'm going to be a temporary driver in September and possibly get hired off the street after peak but if I can bid ill rather do that.
You seemed pretty confident right here about driving in September.

I have been with the company for 29yrs , and I feel less entitled than you seem to feel.

Bottom line ... quit making predictions

barnyard

KTM rider
September is usually route cutting month and 'volunteer for a day off' month at my center. Usually, at least 2 of the cover drivers have to bump onto the preload and local sort to get their hours. We won't see any more training till the beginning of November.