Question about Canada customs...

Rogue303

I ordered an item from the US Monday of last week (October 15th) it was shipped the next day, but has been stuck in customs since the 17th! 9 days now... I have called UPS a few times and I'm always told the same thing. That I just have to wait. Which isn't my strong suit, but okay. Sure. I'll wait because what else can I do?
My question is, how long do you think I can expect to wait? I've never shipped UPS internationally before, and I'm getting super anxious. Can anyone help me out?

Rogue303

Oh, I should add that the first time I called they informed me that customs needed proof of payment. So I emailed my receipts to UPS who then sent them to customs. UPS told me that it had been resubmitted to customs as of Friday of last week (19th)
There are no further notes on the package so it hasn't been checked again and rejected again...

Rogue303

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what I can do to get my package? The seller unfortunately has been totally unhelpful. It's just a watch. It's not even anything suspicious.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, you mad a mistake getting it shipped thru UPS.
You'll be subject to duty and UPS brokerage fees now.

For some odd reason the US shipper didn't fill out the proper cross border shipping papers. (E-bay seller) ?
That's why they needed the value of your shipment.

Off my head - if you bought something in the in the $20 range - it will cost you an additional $20 on UPS brokerage fee and taxes.
$100 valued item about an xtra $50 !

Next time get things shipped via US Postal Service (no brokerage fees added, and hardly ever the 5% GST either) !

Rogue303

It's a company in the states. They ship via World wide saver, my brokerage fees are $10.

The company did not give me an option to ship with anyone in particular.

Also, I know they needed the value. I'm asking how I can get UPS to help me get this thing out of customs.