Question about Class E licensure and UPS employment eligibility (Missouri)

asands84

I just moved to Missouri from Illinois. I'm scheduled to meet an interviewer on Monday for what I believe to be the "tour" and introductory phase (pre-interview). My notice said that I need a Class E chauffeurs license ("NO EXCEPT​IONS!"). I already have a regular Class D license from Illinois and a totally clean driving record.

I'm brand new to this state so I haven't had the opportunity to go get my Class E license. Is an Illinois Class D license the legal equivalent of a Missouri Class E license? Is this going to be a problem? Would I be wasting my time by even trying this time around?

asands84

Ok, I might have answered my own question here.

According to Types Of Driver’s Licenses | AAA/CAA Digest of Motor Laws for Illinois...

"Class C: Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 16,001 lbs. or more but less than 26,001 lbs. GVWR, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs. GVWR or any vehicle less than 26,001 lbs. GVWR designed to transport 16 or more people including the driver or used in the transportation of hazardous materials which requires the vehicle to be placarded."

For Missouri...

"Class E licenses are for drivers whose employment involves transporting property or persons for hire or driving a vehicle owned by another person in the course of their employment."

Think I could make at least through the initial interview/tour tomorrow with my Illinois license and then, as a requirement for actually getting hired, simply get the Missouri Class E license as soon as possible?

Thanks in advance for any help. I can't seem to reach anyone at HR but I'll try first thing tomorrow.