question about Cms and on cars

drewed

Shankman
does anybody have a female center manager or on car sup? ive never heard it metioned here, i was just wondering if they existed......

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I know a female center manager that used to be my sup.I also know a female district mgr that used to be my division mgr.She was 1 of the nicest persons to deal with.

upsgrunt

My on road sup is a female and a great lady to work for. Unfortunately, she has leukemia right now and has been out for 3 months. She is in remission and is expected to return. She is so well liked that the driver group even took up a collection for her and has offered services like mowing the lawn and other maintenance. I can feel the flames coming now, so let the burning begin. IMHO it is about being the RIGHT thing to do, not an "us versus them thing".

W

westsideworma

My on road sup is a female and a great lady to work for. Unfortunately, she has leukemia right now and has been out for 3 months. She is in remission and is expected to return. She is so well liked that the driver group even took up a collection for her and has offered services like mowing the lawn and other maintenance. I can feel the flames coming now, so let the burning begin. IMHO it is about being the RIGHT thing to do, not an "us versus them thing".

I don't think anyone will flame you. If you have someone you enjoy working for/with and they treat you how they would want to be treated etc I don't see a problem with what "side" they're on especially in the situation you mentioned. If we ditched the sides more often I think the company would only benefit from it. There were management people I would go all out for and there are some I would barely lift a finger for while I was union. If you treated me right (read: respect) I'd run through walls to help you out, if not well, good luck. However, I think thats true of anyone in any aspect of life.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Both my Center Manager and Division Manager are ladies. I am impressed with both of them. They have good people skills and come across as fair to everyone. Most of my managers and supes have been decent people. I have had several that were a real pain though, I'm grateful they are gone.

We've had a female center manager that moved up to division manager, then transfered to another division. I heard a couple of years later she was fired. Why I don't know. I didn't like her much, she was a dedicated ball buster, men could do nothing right and the female drivers could do no wrong.
Our current district manager is a female, never seen her as far as I know.

Good for you and your co-workers, keep up the good works. Helping someone that is in a bad fix is the right thing to do, regardless of who they are or what station in life they have. The UP$ connection is irrelevant to the situation.

upsdude

No flame here, good job!

upsdude

We had a female center manager, she did an excellent job, so the company moved her.

We also have a female OC that drove for 15 years, she is very well liked and does a great job.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a woman on-car when I started 3 yrs ago. She was transfered and then ended up quitting because the drive was to far for her.

Talyn

I have both a female center manager and female District Manager. They are both great people and very personable. Much better than the previous 10 years worth of managers in the center and district from what Ive heard

filthpig

We've had a couple of female center manager's here. One was good and I can't say about the other because in 2 years I never spoke to her. The on-car we have sure talks on the cell phone a lot.

browndevil

does anybody have a female center manager or on car sup? ive never heard it metioned here, i was just wondering if they existed......
About 8 years ago my ctr mgr & div mgr were both female. It was the best time I had in my 21 years working for UPS. We had frequent food, BBQs Fridays nights out using the AMEX card. Good times, good morale drivers feeling valued. Our center manager dealt with us fairly she never had a problem asking for and receiving our help. We responded and we were rewarded. Atlanta I hope you are reading this its about people skills treating people fairly and with respect then profit and production will surely always follow:happy2:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes they are everywhere. No more problem than with the men, and I cant say either was more qualified than the other. they are who they are, best one I ever had was a male, and he got fired. Second best was retired and a male.
Taking a collection and offering help is just a humanitarian thing to do. Does not matter who it is or what sex they are, and anyone who wouldnt give is a schmuck.