Question about dishonesty and cardinal sins/rules

Dark_Team_135

Sleve,

Let's face it.... even with a grievance procedure.... a panel system ( in most area's ) it's a lower threshold of proof the company has to offer. It's not like a court of law where they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

So why would you want to give them any more ammunition ?

-BUG-

BUG,

That is the problem with the panel system we have now. I would hope that you would agree that a discharge is equivalent to the "death penalty" of workplace penalties. As such, I think it should be afforded the same "beyond a reasonable doubt" test of proof before a person's career is taken from them for some B.S. reason that UPS has dreamed up.

I think one of the problems is that officials that sit on the committees haven't actually worked in so long that they lose touch about all of the B.S. that goes on and they tend to believe the company reps that they identify more with. Members that come before the committees are working people not trained in how to screw people over.

I think the Union members of the committees need to be rotated often to help prevent this and replaced with those that haven't been away from their former workplaces for so long. Maybe we can win a few more (with back pay!) that way...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I think the Union members of the committees need to be rotated often to help prevent this and replaced with those that haven't been away from their former workplaces for so long.

DT 135,

Do you think your buddy "R. B." would agree with that ?

Nope.

Well... maybe after they put him out to pasture. It was really touching to see those crocodile tears... And all the testimonials on what a great Union guy he was.

The rest of the crew will go along with the "Big Man" to keep their position.

You should see who's waiting in the wings to move up.... on their knee's.

-BUG-

Dark_Team_135

DT 135,

Do you think your buddy "R. B." would agree with that ?

Nope.

Well... maybe after they put him out to pasture. It was really touching to see those crocodile tears... And all the testimonials on what a great Union guy he was.

The rest of the crew will go along with the "Big Man" to keep their position.

You should see who's waiting in the wings to move up.... on their knee's.

-BUG-

I think we both know that R.B. wouldn't have gone along with a rotation of committee members since he was one of the major players (and major problems) with the JAC and State Level Committee.

Did you actually know someone that cried a "crocodile tear" or spoke up on his behalf? I was amazed that even the highest ranking members of the IBT Parcel Division talked sheet about him after he was gone. We had a pension meeting and some of his former "buds" from 710 made a joke comment about him and the members in attendance roundly applauded his departure. What a legacy....That's what happens when BA's get TOO close with management.

It was actually the other B.A's that represented UPS (minus his protege N.O. of course) and were involved with the State Committee that asked for him to be shown the door. He was replaced by a hard working B.A. that doesn't only work 9 to 5 and is at least trying to do things the right way. UPS is so angry about the changes they are stonewalling everything...So it goes...

BTW I don't think he was given the job while on his knees, but who knows :wink2:?

I was walked off my job 4 weeks ago for "dishonesty" after 21 yrs of driving. actaully for sheeting businesses on the diod as closed that they claim were open. It has been 4 weeks and I have barely been contacted by anyone it is happening everywhere...perhaps its a way of laying off without really saying so to there shareholders. I dont even have an arbitration date. Many guys it has happened to have gotten there jobs back after 10-14 weeks. So be warned it could happen to anyone. I now need to find a lawyer and contact the dept of labor..... anyone esle going through this???

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I was walked off my job 4 weeks ago for "dishonesty" after 21 yrs of driving. actaully for sheeting businesses on the diod as closed that they claim were open. It has been 4 weeks and I have barely been contacted by anyone it is happening everywhere...perhaps its a way of laying off without really saying so to there shareholders. I dont even have an arbitration date. Many guys it has happened to have gotten there jobs back after 10-14 weeks. So be warned it could happen to anyone. I now need to find a lawyer and contact the dept of labor..... anyone esle going through this???

I am sorry to hear this company screwed you (for lack of better terms this early AM)

Read this thread, maybe not entirely the same situation. Perhaps some people in this thread can help

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/he-said-she-said-termination.263144/