Question about doubling

Southwestern

OT does not start until 8 hours when you double shift.

It varies by region. For example, in my region, P/T voluntarily double-shifting receive OT after 5-hours per work day.

Nonetheless, I'm confused by the original posting. 'Doubling' refers to working more than one shift, but the OP seemingly indicates he worked only one shift. If that's the case -- you worked only one shift -- you would not be entitled to OT (unless you worked over 5-hours).

The contract is available here: UPS Contracts and Supplements | Teamsters for a Democratic Union

U

uber

In my region, OT starts after the 6th shift, or if you get 5 hours in a work day.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Last night I doubled on the Twilight shift but I didn't work my regular shift because we were off...Is it OT pay or just regular?

It depends on a couple of things.
First off, I am assuming that: (A) you are under the jurisdiction of the Southern Region Supplement, and (B) your regular shift is the Night sort.
I found this language in the Southern suppl. (I hope it's correct, and that I'm not misinterpreting it):
ARTICLE 49-PART-TIME EMPLOYEES SECTION 1
(A) Part-time employees are defined as employees not otherwise regularly employed who when reporting to work as scheduled, shall
be guaranteed a minimum of three and one half (3-1/2) hours; however, should any part-time employee in the case of emergency work
beyond the fifth (5th) hour, the employee shall be paid time and one half (1-1/2) for all hours worked past the fifth (5th) hour per
shift. Part-time employees working in excess of eight (8) hours in any twenty-four (24) hour period shall receive time and one half (1-
1/2) for all hours worked over eight (8) hours, at the rate of pay prevailing at the time the overtime is worked.
So if the total of your previous Night shift and the 'extra' Twilight hours worked is less than 8.0 hours, anything over 5.0 is time and one half. If that total is over 8.0 hours, the first 8 hours are straight time.
meh,:dont_know:

U

uber

...not if you double shift.

Yes, if you double shift. If you work more than 5 shifts in a week, the 6th shift and thereafter is all OT pay. Or, if you go over 5 hours in a day.

Trust me, I know. I've been double-shifting for years.

As someone who never worked in the warehouse, why are you arguing with me over what a double-shift is in my region.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Not all it`s cracked up to be. Twice the nagging. Twice the cuddling. Twice the pretending to listen to what they say. (shudder) It`s a nightmare.
Yeah, sure. So, if you had the opportunity for AJ and someone else you would turn it down? Please. You would love that cuddlin.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
It depends on a couple of things.
First off, I am assuming that: (A) you are under the jurisdiction of the Southern Region Supplement, and (B) your regular shift is the Night sort.
I found this language in the Southern suppl. (I hope it's correct, and that I'm not misinterpreting it):

So if the total of your previous Night shift and the 'extra' Twilight hours worked is less than 8.0 hours, anything over 5.0 is time and one half. If that total is over 8.0 hours, the first 8 hours are straight time.
meh,:dont_know:

I work the Day shift...We had the day off....So I only worked Twilight :happy2:

Shryp

I work night shift. We used to do doubles a few years ago, but not recently. They just took the time worked on both shifts and added it together. Anything over 5 hours was OT. It was usually coming in early for twilight, but occasionally staying late for preload. Was the same for either way.