Question about driving record requirements for becoming a driver

High chance that you are going to get declined a driving position at UPS. How do you except to drive with your record? All of it happened with a regular car or truck, imagine stepping into a package Car? No way Jose.

anHOURover

I've got 6 tickets: 1 failure to yield, 2 speeding, and 3 careless operations. The three careless operations and the failure to yield resulted in accidents. I could make excuses for myself, but I doubt UpS cares who was in the right or wrong, just who has the tickets. These have all been within the past year. I've been working part time for almost 3 years, and have more seniority than most of the newer drivers that are being hired. I can drive stick, and I've got the right license, and I've been driving the trucks, so I'm comfortable in them. I also live in Louisiana, and there is no point system here, but I'm not sure if that matters. I've been putting my name on the bid list whenever it comes up, but my Union rep told me that I've got the option to go straight to the supervisors and ask to be sent to the class due to my seniority over the newer drivers. But do I have a chance, or should I wait it out? If I don't have a chance, how long do I have to wait to be considered again?
All your missing is a DUI for the cycle!

Tiredbrown

Professional box jockey
You cannot have any moving violations in the year prior to going into driving. You need to wait a for a year after you last ticket to be able to bid a driving position. And they will pull your drivers abstract so don't try and lie about your tickets or they will terminate you for dishonesty.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I'm working on being more careful. Also, I don't think I'm an extremely bad driver. One of the accidents wasn't my fault, the other guy rolled past a stop sign while I was turning, and the police said that he had right of way since he was going straight or something. The other three were stupid mistakes due to me being tired or switching lanes too carelessly on a wet road. I'd like to think I've learned from them.

I've also stopped going over the speed limit.

Where is @cosmo1 when you need him

Here I am.

@astrocat, just be sure along with @superballs63, to let me know if you are anywhere near me.

I'll just stay home and out of danger.