Question about driving violations and becoming a cover driver

astrocat

I've got 4 violations on my record, 3 careless driving and 1 failure to yield. The woman who called me asking me about my interest in a cover driving position asked about my traffic history and I was honest, and said I had a few. I know that you can have no more than 1 violation in the past year, or no more than 3 in the past 3 years. Is there any way UPS might bend a bit on this issue, or am I going to have to wait 3 years for the failure to yield to be taken off of my record. I'm in a state with no point system, and I've got no reported accidents on my record. Is it worth calling back to ask about this?

T

Turdferguson

I've got 4 violations on my record, 3 careless driving and 1 failure to yield. The woman who called me asking me about my interest in a cover driving position asked about my traffic history and I was honest, and said I had a few. I know that you can have no more than 1 violation in the past year, or no more than 3 in the past 3 years. Is there any way UPS might bend a bit on this issue, or am I going to have to wait 3 years for the failure to yield to be taken off of my record. I'm in a state with no point system, and I've got no reported accidents on my record. Is it worth calling back to ask about this?

Talk up the failure to yield. That is a strong selling point. Let's UPS know you are a real go getter.
Conclude the interview with the line. "I yield for no man". It will leave an impression

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I went to qualify as a management employee and they didn't let me drive until it had been a year since my last violation. Unless they're really desperate they aren't going to hire you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I guess it's that time of year
Here we go again
Ugh!!

Box Ox

Is there any way UPS might bend a bit on this issue, or am I going to have to wait 3 years for the failure to yield to be taken off of my record.

Nope. It's UPS's butt on the line if you're put out there with a record and have a serious accident. They'll just hire the next guy with a clean record.

UPSGUY72

You are SOL..

You can't have any moving violations within the last year and no more than 2 in the last three years. You also can't have any reckless driving, driving to endanger or DUI / OUI in the last 5 years. Points don't matter the violation does.

Try again next year..