Question about FMLA

edxzaws8

Ive been going through boutes of nausea/vomiting/not being able to eat for the past year that usually lasts about a week. Ive taken a bunch of occasions over the issue and now Im on suspension.

I called the UPS human resource number today and they approved temporary FMLA days where I can take an FMLA today without yet submitting paper work (they told me theyd email paperwork in a couple days).

My question is, if I take an FMLA day today and my doctor for whatever reason doesnt want to fill out the paper work out, are the FMLA days considered occasions even though it was temporary approved?

T

Turdferguson

Ive been going through boutes of nausea/vomiting/not being able to eat for the past year that usually lasts about a week. Ive taken a bunch of occasions over the issue and now Im on suspension.

I called the UPS human resource number today and they approved temporary FMLA days where I can take an FMLA today without yet submitting paper work (they told me theyd email paperwork in a couple days).

My question is, if I take an FMLA day today and my doctor for whatever reason doesnt want to fill out the paper work out, are the FMLA days considered occasions even though it was temporary approved?

I believe FMLA is for care of a child or other loved one not for care of yourself. In your instance some sort of short term disability would be what you want

edxzaws8

FMLA also applies to illness. You can take individual FMLA days for when you are sick (once approved so it doesnt count as on occasion). I believe its called intermittent FMLA days.

HollandMan73

You are being approved for Fmla contingent on your Dr. filling out the paperwork...no paperwork--no fmla and those days will most likely be more letters. If your Dr. fills out the paperwork you might be able to get some of the other letters pulled. Talk to your steward/ba.

HollandMan73

Also....if you have been missing work due to a serious health condition....the company should have offered you the opportunity to fill out Fmla paperwork.....if they knew about your situation that is. Read up on it.....theres plenty of info. online.

jamescasey420

FMLA is used also for serious health conditions (yourself included). It may vary from state to state. If your under a Dr's care. Make sure he back dates it, fill a grievance under Article 16 sec 6 sub section (4) page 46 of master agreement. Also ask for lost wages and suspension removed from your personnel file.

8000Shelf

I used FMLA for an illness recently.

I had my doctor fill out a form for Short Term Disability (Temcare) AND a letter stating my

condition. The letter needs to state how long (or in your case intermittently) you will be out of

work for and other basic details (diagnosis, date of appointment, maybe a treatment protocol, next

appointment, etc). The doctor should addressed it to UPS Human Resources Service Center

(UPS-HRSC). FMLA and STD are two separate things but can (and usually do) run consecutively.

It is possible to make the STD (Teamcare) claim within a year of the original loss time period. The

letter to UPS-HRSC/approved company FMLA has to given and approved (it easily will be)

immediately or as soon as possible. The instruction sheet (2nd page) of the Initial Report of

Disability form on Teamcare explains it all in detail. Here is a link:

https://myteamcare.org/media/124697/STD_Init_Rpt_Dis.pdf

Hope you fell better soon.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

I used FMLA for an illness recently.

I had my doctor fill out a form for Short Term Disability (Temcare) AND a letter stating my

condition. The letter needs to state how long (or in your case intermittently) you will be out of

work for and other basic details (diagnosis, date of appointment, maybe a treatment protocol, next

appointment, etc). The doctor should addressed it to UPS Human Resources Service Center

(UPS-HRSC). FMLA and STD are two separate things but can (and usually do) run consecutively.

It is possible to make the STD (Teamcare) claim within a year of the original loss time period. The

letter to UPS-HRSC/approved company FMLA has to given and approved (it easily will be)

immediately or as soon as possible. The instruction sheet (2nd page) of the Initial Report of

Disability form on Teamcare explains it all in detail. Here is a link:

https://myteamcare.org/media/124697/STD_Init_Rpt_Dis.pdf

Hope you fell better soon.
I can get FMLA for my STD?

Elvis

Forty and out

Should be fine, but get another doctor. Also, do get with your rep to fight all disciplinary measures by UPS.
Once you get intermittent FMLA you'll have to renew it at the beginning of every calendar year.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Should be fine, but get another doctor. Also, do get with your rep to fight all disciplinary measures by UPS.
Once you get intermittent FMLA you'll have to renew it at the beginning of every calendar year.
Yo King, you work in the Memphis hub?

mG3QYR.gif