Question about full time credit

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Kis124, May 31, 2014.

1. Kis124

Kis124 Member

Currently I'm training to do cover work in our customer center. I was given the choice to be paid my rate then OT after 5 hours if I also work my preload shift, or on those days I can be paid 22.3 pay for a straight 8. My question is, do I get credit for full time of I choose the latter, and if I make 30 days doing that will they make me full time automatically? Or will that just mean I make full time book automatically after I go full time (assuming I ever make it)?

Sent using BrownCafe App

2. upschuck

upschuck Avatar bet gone wrong

If you are vacation covering, you do not gain seniority after thirty. It is extra work. I think the person who works CC coverage here, gets her PT rate for 8 hrs. Be leery about the 22.3 pay, because they would probably put you in the start wage category, and not top rate(?).

They are giving you the option to work preload/cc or just cc? Won't they staff as to who is on out for the day?

3. Kis124

Kis124 Member

I'm covering for call outs, vacation. Next week I'm starting preload at 4:30 and then doing CC from 8-1:30. Yes, I'll have an hour lunch in there. Starting 22.3 pays more than my rate anyway lol

Sent using BrownCafe App