question about getting a paycheck replaced

badback22

i came across a few paychecks from over the summer that i never got around to cashing. its been more then 180 days. i was taking care of my mom who was battling cancer at the time, so i never got around to cashing them. how do i go about getting those checks replaced
thanks

brown bomber

brown bomber
* ....what more can I say, ...independently wealthy ??....6 months later and now the checks are discovered ??

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

IDIOT....what more can I say, ...independently wealthy ??....6 months later and now the checks are discovered ??

I guess he felt that taking care of his dying mother was more important....

To the OP---bring the checks in to your supervisor who will then request replacement checks for you.

Have you ever thought about setting up direct deposit?

badback22

I guess he felt that taking care of his dying mother was more important....

To the OP---bring the checks in to your supervisor who will then request replacement checks for you.

Have you ever thought about setting up direct deposit?

i did set up direct deposit recently...i was cleaning up and came across the old checks....thanks for help

InsideUPS

i came across a few paychecks from over the summer that i never got around to cashing. its been more then 180 days. i was taking care of my mom who was battling cancer at the time, so i never got around to cashing them. how do i go about getting those checks replaced
thanks

Greetings badback22 & welcome to BrownCafe...

I second what UpstateNYUPSer said.... UPS will promptly issue replacement checks.

I do the same thing with Option Day checks. Even though I have direct deposit, for some reason the Option Day checks are NOT directly deposited and are actual checks. UPS eventually notified me of the fact that I did not deposit or cash the checks.

Apologies...for some....that do not read past the first sentence or two.

Kae3106

Have your supervisor put in a stop pay request on each of the checks. Make sure the comments section indicates the checks are stale. We will confirm with the bank that they are beyond 180 days and reissue them. Please make sure your address in the system is correct as they will be sent there.

Some banks will honor them but most won't. I've seen it where the branch location accepts them but the main bank won't and pulls the money back out of the employee's account. When in doubt, request a replacement.