Question about HAZMAT Responder

ogrelord

Ground Down
can you us your seniority to get out? if some one with less seniority is leaving before you, can't you request to leave in seniority order?

ogrelord

Ground Down
they can lay people off in seniority order, before they lay people off, they start at the top and work there way threw seniority asking if anyone wants to leave. Can't you request to leave in your seniority order? meaning if someone with less seniority leaves before you, don't you have the right to take there place, and go instead of with less seniority.
I already know what your Sup. will say when you pose that question to him. he's going to say" but your the only person trained to do it." your respones should be "it's not my job to have have someone else trained to do my job. thats your job. what if i called in sick, or was unable to work that day what would you do?"

B

Brown Mule

Is a hazmat responder "skilled labor"?
Do you get the extra $1 like a sorter does?
........Your supervisors should qualify all Responders as Sorters so that they get the higher pay rate.............That would be the Right Thing to Do........Thats what my supervisor says and does........