Question about hours guaranteed?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Climbingtheladder, Aug 6, 2014.

1. I started as a reload employee, and a 2nd year TCD. My center manager brought me on as a EAM driver a few weeks ago. So that is now my official job title, but I'm still a TCD. Since then I haven't gotten any hours since I was bumped off my TCD route by a full timer. My question is, if I request to go into preload as a double shift from 4am - 8am, am I still entitled to my 3 hour guarantee after preload is over ? Can't find this language in the contract. Thx

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You want to work the preload and run EAMs? What is the commit time in your area on the EAMs?

Resident know-it-all.

3. Depends on the location, I normally get 4 or 5 12'oclock commits. Or just wait until the PCM over and take some 10:30s off some drivers. I'm just trying to get some more money rolling in. Believe me I don't "want" to work preload.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

It sounds as though you may be on the preload and running air until we start gearing up for Peak.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

What is the reload?

6. A twilight shift. 5 pm to 9.

7. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

My hub calls it the twilight sort. Never heard reload used.

8. rorojo

rorojo Member

If you get bumped as a tcd, the only guarantee you get is three hours at your inside rate.

Sent using BrownCafe App

9. PT Car Washer

Inside guarantee is 3 1/2 hours.

10. PT Car Washer

You can't just request to work preload as a double shifter. There has to be a need and is then offered by seniority. You can transfer to the preload if there is an opening and then run air after the sort. We have several pre loaders do that and it works out very well for them. Work is still offered by seniority so check out who else is running air.

11. A reload is a smaller operation that doesn't have a night sort. You at also correct it's a twilight sort.

12. PT Car Washer

Is this in an out lying center that is not part of a hub?

13. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

We call it the "local sort". Runs from about 6:20 - 9:30pm. Where I paid my dues for 5.5 years before finally getting the driving gig.

14. Daalcaar

Daalcaar Member

Unless it's an air operation. Otherwise it's only three. At least in my supplement.

15. PT Car Washer

Art. 40 air ops is 3 hour guarantee. Ground hubs are 3 1/2. I believe it is the master.